League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

A Newbies Take on the G.O.A.T.

Write updates about your team or the league here.
WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Re: A Newbies Take on the G.O.A.T.

Post by WillyJakkz »

Andrewu91 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:07 am
blackice wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:37 pm Great work here and I think you are spot on. I think you missed on Ayton but well done man.
Can you even be in the hall of fame/ Goat conversation without a championship? I know Ayton has all star appearances but so does Jordan McLaughlin
There's players on the List that don't have titles (Zion Luka but they have the MVP's) Stanley Johnson so good call on Ayton.

Outta sight outta mind without a GM.

What's hilarious is I don't even recall LeBron James or Kawhi Leonard and their impact on the League.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

WillyJakkz wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:08 am
Andrewu91 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:07 am
blackice wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:37 pm Great work here and I think you are spot on. I think you missed on Ayton but well done man.
Can you even be in the hall of fame/ Goat conversation without a championship? I know Ayton has all star appearances but so does Jordan McLaughlin

There's players on the List that don't have titles (Zion Luka but they have the MVP
's) Stanley Johnson so good call on Ayton.

Outta sight outta mind without a GM.

What's hilarious is I don't even recall LeBron James or Kawhi Leonard and their impact on the League.

That's why they are listed in consideration, lol but without a title they don't belong in the top 5 imo
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

LeBron was almost always on 2nd round teams with one WCF trip. Kawhi stuck too long in Toronto, made some runs but i don't think he was ever the top guy. Then came real close to winning it all with Chicago

secondroundbust
General Manager

Post by secondroundbust »

Kawhi 5x All Star, 3x All-CSL 3rd team
LeBron 3x All Star, 1x 1st Team Def, 1x All-CSL 1st team, 3x 2nd Team, 1x 3rd team

At least that’s what my numbers say! The list I compiled SHOULD have pretty much everyone who was an All Star/All-CSL/All Defense player

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

KW wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:25 am LeBron was almost always on 2nd round teams with one WCF trip. Kawhi stuck too long in Toronto, made some runs but i don't think he was ever the top guy. Then came real close to winning it all with Chicago
secondroundbust wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:57 am Kawhi 5x All Star, 3x All-CSL 3rd team
LeBron 3x All Star, 1x 1st Team Def, 1x All-CSL 1st team, 3x 2nd Team, 1x 3rd team

At least that’s what my numbers say! The list I compiled SHOULD have pretty much everyone who was an All Star/All-CSL/All Defense player
Wow and thanks guys.

Yeah I didn't recall LeBron being a factor but I also can't remember his teammates. I only recall Kawhi being in MIL when I traded to pair him with Paul George but the GM reneged when confirming due to protections on a pick traded to me that wasn't disclosed.

But man that Paul George Kawhi Leonard pairing would've been lethal, ironically yrs before they paired irl on the Clippers.

We've been doing this a really long time guys.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

WillyJakkz wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:44 am
KW wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:25 am LeBron was almost always on 2nd round teams with one WCF trip. Kawhi stuck too long in Toronto, made some runs but i don't think he was ever the top guy. Then came real close to winning it all with Chicago
secondroundbust wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:57 am Kawhi 5x All Star, 3x All-CSL 3rd team

Wow and thanks guys.

Yeah I didn't recall LeBron being a factor but I also can't remember his teammates. I only recall Kawhi being in MIL when I traded to pair him with Paul George but the GM reneged when confirming due to protections on a pick traded to me that wasn't disclosed.

But man that Paul George Kawhi Leonard pairing would've been lethal, ironically yrs before they paired irl on the Clippers.

you're probably thinking of LeBron not Kawhi, LeBron was in Milwaukee when Manu first took over (or he traded for LeBron, can't remember)

and yeah we've been doing this for a looong time, and i'm glad you brought it up because us and BI go back even further to the GM games on realgm which i'd been doing since i was a teen :lol:

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

KW wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:49 am
WillyJakkz wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:44 am

Wow and thanks guys.

you're probably thinking of LeBron not Kawhi, LeBron was in Milwaukee when Manu first took over (or he traded for LeBron, can't remember)

and yeah we've been doing this for a looong time, and i'm glad you brought it up because us and BI go back even further to the GM games on realgm which i'd been doing since i was a teen :lol:
Aww man I remember the first time playing those RealGM drafts when we had a 2 or 4hr window. It was so new and addictive I literally got up and walked out of church to check and make my pick :lol:

ORLANDO
MAGIC: