League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

CSL Contenders as Spongebob Characters

Write updates about your team or the league here.
Dylan
Senior Vice President

CSL Contenders as Spongebob Characters

Post by Dylan »

To be honest, I have no good ideas for an article to write for scouts due today. My team stinks and is uninteresting so here are some of the top CSL contenders and which SpongeBob characters they remind me of.

Miami Heat: Spongebob Squarepants

Since the Heat are the defending champions, they get to be the star of the show, SpongeBob himself. While Silo as a GM may be more like Squidward personality wise, when you win the championship you become the face of the league. Every day when we log into the site we have to look at Ben Simmons dumb face, so I guess by default, the Heat get to be SpongeBob. Congrats Miami, you win.

Sacramento Kings: Patrick Star

The real star of the show goes to bt and the Kings. Patrick is everyone’s actual favorite SpongeBob character, and the real reason people tune into the show after the age of seven. Personality wise this also doesn’t match, as Patrick is known for being silly and stupid, and as far as I know, that is most definitely not bt. That said, the Kings have been the model CSL franchise for years - they’re consistently good, they make the right decisions and there’s always a method to the madness. That’s Patrick Star - consistently good and funny, and never misses.

Boston Celtics: Squidward Tentacles

This couldn’t possibly be a better match. I decided to write this article specifically so I could make this comparison. Dennis is quite literally the human form of Squidward, minus the really long nose (at least I really hope so). Squidward is very much a main character, just as Dennis and his Celtics are every year. Personality wise though, Squidward and Dennis are one in the same. Always grumpy? Check. Complaining about something? Check. Hates everything about the league and some of the other GMs but secretly loves it and would never give it up? Check.

His relationship with the rest of the league is exactly like Squidward’s relationship with SpongeBob. Does he act like he hates Spongebob? Sure does. Does he complain about Spongebob ever chance he gets? Yup. But does he ever move away from living directly next to him and does he ever not appear in an episode? Nope. He’s never going away, because secretly, he loves it. That’s Dennis and his Celtics in a nutshell.

Houston Rockets: Mr. Krabs

I think KW would agree that the Rockets aren’t necessarily true contenders this year, but man this comparison felt right. Whether it’s outside shooting or draft picks, KW is always trying to accumulate the most he possibly can of something. He goes full tilt on everything. Just like Mr. Krabs is always trying to accumulate as much money as possible. Krabs is greedy, but he runs a fantastic business in the Krusty Krab. While I wouldn’t call KW greedy, his business approach is often very similar, and he runs a consistently good franchise.

New York Knicks: Plankton

Plankton is the show’s villain. Andrew is the GM of the Knicks. I don’t feel like I need to go into any more detail here. This is a perfect comparison and we all know it.

Golden State Warriors: Sandy Cheeks

I was going to avoid doing any admins, but the Warriors are legit contenders this year. Sandy is an awesome character, she’s funny and relevant but she’s also a badass. She’s a literal karate master, that’s someone you don’t want to mess around with. Kind of like the Warriors this year, especially now that they have #CommishPrivilege. 

Alright that’s all I got. Thanks for the scouting points and if you made it this far, congrats on reading the dumbest article in CSL history.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Re: CSL Contenders as Spongebob Characters

Post by KW »

Gary = Gary

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

KW wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:06 pmGary = Gary
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is sooo good man hehehe
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

haha I dig it
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

This is hilarious and entertaining to me even though I hate the show. Well done, Dylan.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

GreenBear wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:31 pm This is hilarious and entertaining to me even though I hate the show. Well done, Dylan.
This

Awesome idea and great read Dylan!!!
Never liked (or watched much) the show, so I have no clue about the characters but the comparison is fun.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Meow meow.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Flaming Homer wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:41 pm
GreenBear wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:31 pm This is hilarious and entertaining to me even though I hate the show. Well done, Dylan.
This

Awesome idea and great read Dylan!!!
Never liked (or watched much) the show, so I have no clue about the characters but the comparison is fun.
Unfortunately my roommate in college watched this show quite often. So while I hated the show, I couldn't avoid it haha

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Also Plankton wanted to rule the world. I only wanna rule the CSL. Either way it's sorta spot on.

CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

Hahah, this is classic.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

TheTwoWallaces
CEO

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

KW wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:06 pmGary = Gary
:lol:
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Krejci | Melton | Campazzo
Porter | Notice | King
Johnson | Kispert
McDaniels | Martin | Petrusev
Wiseman | Stewart

Ramcus
CEO

Post by Ramcus »

Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Ha, would have agreed. But most noticed that I even barely check the page I guess. Life just became too hectic with work being insane. But of course the engine killed a lot of motivation ;) .. even though I know actually nothing about spongebob
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028