League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Season Preview/Prediction - Eastern Conference

Write updates about your team or the league here.
rh0xxy
CSL Champ 2025

Season Preview/Prediction - Eastern Conference

Post by rh0xxy »

Here are what to expect for the Eastern Conference this 2029-2030 CSL Season. This ranking is purely based on my instinct and opinion so feel free to get your thoughts.

1. Miami - the defending champ is intact. They also added a blue chip prospect in Pokusevski. So they are expected to repeat.

2. Brooklyn - i have a feeling that this could be the year the Nets breaks out. The Shai-Ayton duo is ripe to lead the league. Vrenz could be the difference maker in their rise to stardom.

3. Boston - just like everyone else, the former champ is still intact so what they've learned from the previous season will just be an additional weapon for improvement

4. Milwaukee - looked like GM Manu has found the niche to this engine and is about to exploit it.

5. New York - as long as Zion is there, the Knicks are capable of defeating any team in this league.

6. Philadelphia - The acquisition of Taylor could be the key but the East is very strong and you need to have a deeper bench to put you to the top.

7. Detroit - Once the barometer of teams in the East has fallen a bit but still ready to compete against the elite.

8. Toronto - the Raptors has upgraded their guard spot and became more deeper during the offseason, enough i guess to grab a spot in the Playoffs.

9. Chicago - if preseason is any implication, the Bulls could be heading uphill.

10. Indiana - the Pacers is playoff bound, not until their GM had to leave. It'd interesting to see where they're heading of without a GM to guide them.

11. Orlando - i'd bet they will be in the Playoff mix if GM Willy is more active this season. They have the talents to give everyone else a run for their money.

12. Cleveland - a year wiser for Langford and Simons. We could be seeing one of the best backcourt duo for years but they need to be efficient to give their team a chance of a Playoff run.

13. Washington - this team is crazy deep with talents. Not sure if getting Trae early in this rebuild is the way to go but you can't go wrong with that talent anyway.

14. Atlanta - the rebuild is going smoothly and it's just a matter of time til we see the Hawks soaring high once again

15. Charlotte - the Hornets started their rebuild trading away Dunn then Trae for future cornerstone The Ant. Not sure who they got for Dunn. Well anyway, they're on a rebuild i think so winning this season is not their priority right now.
Philadelphia 76ers

Depth Chart
Starters: Morant-Mitchell-Swanigan-Adebayo-Collins
Bench: Maxey-Sotto-Tsalmpouris-Liddell-Giles-Tucker-Hifi
IR: Phills-Richards-Weber
2W: Houstan-Okeke

TheTwoWallaces
CEO

Re: Season Preview/Prediction - Eastern Conference

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

Overall pretty clear in that there's a gap between the top 6-8 and the rest. My money is on Cleveland being one of the teams most likely to squeeze into one of the few available playoff spots. Washington also deserves a shout with Trae.
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Krejci | Melton | Campazzo
Porter | Notice | King
Johnson | Kispert
McDaniels | Martin | Petrusev
Wiseman | Stewart

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Miami, Phil‘s New York core, Milwaukee, Philadelphia, Brooklyn and us are a coin toss. Basically every order possible. Behind that everybody has the potential to make it to the postseason and some the skills to sneak into the top 6.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

I think Miami is the clear top dog as they were last season and welcome Kuzma back this season making them even even stronger.

The 2-7 is really close with Boston, Milwaukee and Brooklyn the top of that group. Only really the 8th seed up for grabs it would seem.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Agree with Ryan here. It seems to me the Heat are a step ahead. After that I think Boston and Milwaukee are the closest to catch up with the champs.
After that it will be a hard fight for the playoff spots!

Parm
Assistant GM

Post by Parm »

Dennis wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:01 pm Miami, Phil‘s New York core, Milwaukee, Philadelphia, Brooklyn and us are a coin toss. Basically every order possible. Behind that everybody has the potential to make it to the postseason and some the skills to sneak into the top 6.

How about a real Celtics court? LFG! Real Celtics home jersey? Got you.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

1) MIA
2) BOS
3) BRK
4) PHI
5) MIL
6) NYK
7) DET
8) ORL
9) IND
10) WAS
11) TOR
12) CHA
13) CLE
14) CHI
15) ATL

1-7 could go a lot of different ways, 8-11 is basically a tossup.

thecoolestjedi
General Manager

Post by thecoolestjedi »

I see Chicago as a 6-8 seed. Really like the talent there and think you got the skills to make it
Phoenix Suns GM
Season recap: 2030-31: 36-46

"Fall Seven Times, Get Up Eight"

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

I can't disagree seeing how injuries effected us last year. Zion missed half the season and I had plenty of other injuries and still won 49 games. 40 more games with Zion and that's easy 60 wins.

But he already got injured so I don't know if he got the injury bug.

Miami, Boston Brooklyn and the Bucks are my main competition. I'm not sure about the Sixers but I hope they prove everyone wrong about the Taylor/Ball duo.

7-8 is up for grabs but hell even the 10th seeded play in team could upset the 7th seed.
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

This looks pretty accurate to me, as the East will be a bloodbath once again. That 8th - 10th spots will be heavily contested this year, as quite a few younger teams will be looking to make a leap into the playoffs.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

cb4raptorscb4
Commissioner

Post by cb4raptorscb4 »

Miami will continue to coast to a #1 seed likely. The rest is really interesting though. Boston and New York are also right up there. Hopefully Milwaukee can continue to play well this season.
Golden State Warriors
Kris Dunn | PJ Dozier | Ding Yanyuhang | Kevon Looney | Chimezie Metu
Devonte Graham | Nimrod Levi | Tariq Owens | Johnny Hamilton
'23: 34-48 (5-8 as GM)
'24: 40-42, 1st Round Exit
'25: 50-32, Championship Round Loss (4-3)
'26: 48-34, 1st Round Exit
'27: 44-38, Missed Playoffs
'28: 39-43, 1st Round Exit
'29: 57-25, Championship Round Loss (4-2)
'30: 48-34, Conference Finals Loss (4-1)

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

cb4raptorscb4 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:16 pm Miami will continue to coast to a #1 seed likely. The rest is really interesting though. Boston and New York are also right up there. Hopefully Milwaukee can continue to play well this season.
Yeah, Miami is going to be scary as they get Kumza back this season as well. RIP.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

#11 I sure hope so, that gives us a chance at 10 to reach the Play In

I want to transition to LaMelo as starting PG but I also feel Ja gives us the best chance w/ KAT to be a PO team.

Will see how they both do.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton
PF S Barnes| C M Williams