League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Welcome to the Grind: Memphis roster overview

Write updates about your team or the league here.
andrei
Chairman of the Board

Welcome to the Grind: Memphis roster overview

Post by andrei »

As usually in Memphis, its all about trying to get Khris Middleton to shoot a lot

Here is an overview of Memphis roster as we are preparing for the 2026 campaign:

The Starters

PG Tyler Ulis - resigned to a long term deal, Ulis will be handling the starting PG duties. He showed during the pre-season that he is one of the leading candidates to lead the league in assists by dishing out about 14 a game, if he could also give us close to double-figures scoring with more or less acceptable efficiency, we're quite happy.

SG Zach LaVine - Zach will once again attempt to lead the league in three-pointers attempted and, hopefully, can hit them at 40% or better clip. Will probably average close o 20 ppg mostly on threes.

SF Khris Middleton - our key challenge as usually is to get the ball to Middleton. Health permitting, he can lead us in scoring despite putting up less shots than LaVine. He continues to be one of the best all-around shooters in the game (46% on ~4 threes made last year) and is likely to lead us in minutes per game. Last season, he had the best +/- on the team so expect him to play a lot.

PF Julius Randle - averaged 17/13 during the pre-season, Randle showed he is still a threat. Sadly, it is highly unlikely he will be playing as many minutes as we need to make sure he will stay healthy. However, when on the floor expect him to go after every rebound and finish strong at the rim.

C Bruno Fernando - 6th overall pick showed his value by averaging a double/double in pre-season with almost 3 blocks a game - even with Randle starting next to him. He is a ready now big man and will be our anchor defensively.

Bench press mob

LJ Peak - LJ averaged close to 24 ppg during the first few sims of the pre-season and stuffed the statsheet with assists, rebounds, steals and blocks. One of the top all-around players he still needs a few instructions to maximise his impact. But we see him as a two way guard who is perhaps better suited to play with Middleton than LaVine.

Naz Reid - big bully Reid showed that he is a CSL ready big man. We were impressed by his performance at both PF/C during the pre-season. So much so that he is likely to come in as first and key big off the bench for us. He plays efficient and aggressive offense and is a better rebounder/defender than advertised. Lets see how he handles the Grind of everyday CSL competition.

Bogdan Bogdanovic - at 33, Bogdan is still an efficient and aggressive scorer. His ability to get to the line is a key strength and he can will backup Middleton at SF position.

Jevon Carter - young PG had a somewhat disappointing pre-season as he could not buy a baskey but will start the season as our primary backup PG. He needs a lot of instructions to turn him into a more reliable floor general and will not be getting a lot of minutes early on.

Tim Kempton - after a major drama during the Free Agency Kempton came back on a relatively cheap deal. He is one of the best rebounders in the league and will be attacking the glass hard for us this season. We are happy to have him back.

Vince Hunter - second stint with the Grizzlies for the undersized Hunter who brings a lot of defense and aggressive rebounding. He will be fighting with Reid and Kempton for backup big man minutes.

Luka Samanic - talented Luka is two years away from being a CSL player. He will be getting few minutes here and there and some garbage time mostly for the purposes of his continued development.

Injured Reserve

Shelvin Mack - veteran PG had a strong pre-season and showed an ability to setup our offense and hit threes. He is a candidate to be promoted to full-time squad if Carter can't get his act together or we have an injury on the perimeter.

Cody Zeller/Bismack Biyombo - both veterans are currently on Memphis Trade Block as expiring contracts. They will be called upon if some of our big men rotation does not work out. CSL season is long and injuries will happen, we are happy to have these guys available in case of need.
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Re: Welcome to the Grind: Memphis roster overview

Post by KW »

I actually really like the offensive dynamic of this team. LaVine and Middleton should be much better than they were last season, not sure why they were as passive as they were.

Ramcus
CEO

Post by Ramcus »

This team is already more talented than last year, and they now have a veteran GM at the reins. In a weaker Western Conference, I can see this team fighting for playoff spot, but it's murky out in Memphis. The team isn't talented enough to seriously contend for a championship, with a 2nd round exit already above expectations. The team also isn't bad enough to tank for an early lottery pick, barring severe miscalculations. Either way, it'll be fun, as you guys have the growth of Samanic and Fernando to look forward to while playing for the playoffs. I just hope the 2 of them are enough to push you over the hump.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

Ramcus
CEO

Post by Ramcus »

I'm gonna have fun tearing into that frontcourt this season :D

The Grizzlies Pelicans rivalry is even stronger this year, starting with opening night.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

TheTwoWallaces
CEO

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

Bruno Fernando was a great selection at 6. The bench feels thin to me, but playoffs are definitely not out of reach. Good luck man!
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Krejci | Melton | Campazzo
Porter | Notice | King
Johnson | Kispert
McDaniels | Martin | Petrusev
Wiseman | Stewart

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

Good read, I think Lavine in particular is gonna have a bounce back season with Andrei at the head of the franchise. Fernando looks super interesting and Middleton is a very good top 2 option. Randle has struggled with injuries but he could be a nice weapon for sure.
Ball is Life.

Dylan
Senior Vice President

Post by Dylan »

This team should be much much improved over last year. Glad to see you back with your team.

rh0xxy
CSL Champ 2025

Post by rh0xxy »

Yeah not to rule out this team especially with GM andrei at the helm. They may be less talented than the others but from coaching standpoint, they are one of the best. I predicted them to be out of the Playoffs but who knows really. Interesting to see where they end up come regular season's end.
Philadelphia 76ers

Depth Chart
Starters: Morant-Mitchell-Swanigan-Adebayo-Collins
Bench: Maxey-Sotto-Tsalmpouris-Liddell-Giles-Tucker-Hifi
IR: Phills-Richards-Weber
2W: Houstan-Okeke

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

That team is playoff bound in the weak West IMO. I just don't know about it's ceiling, is it worth to get to the playoffs and be eliminated in the 1st / 2nd round?

Two positive points though:

1. Andrei is back and he knows how to make this team play.
2. Fernando is an excellent Center to cover for LaVine / Ulis' defensive mistakes.

Should be fun to see the Grizzlies play this year!
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

With the West being wide open, playoff is defintiely a possibility. I really like Fernando, and I think he will be an excellent fit next go guys like Lavine/Middleton.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

I really like the draft of Bruno for this team, his camp was promising already and I think he will be one of the young stud bigs. Middleton is one of my favorite CSL players and him having some real front court help should give the team a good boost.