League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Spurs Nation Interview with Terry Rosier

Write updates about your team or the league here.
wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

Don Harris, WOAI: Thank you Terry for joining me tonight on Spurs Nation. What an amazing start to the season you and the Spurs are having. You are having a career year across multiple categories including scoring, assists, and steal.

Terry Rosier: It is great to be here Don. Ya, its been a fun start for the season and I am thrilled to see the fans excited about the Spurs in the first time in many years. San Antonio has historically been a great basketball city, and I have been able to see why this year. My growth this year has been truly a reflection of the team’s total growth and not just mine.

Don Harris, WOAI: Can you share with everyone what has changed since last season? It seemed like the team was coming into its own once you came on board after a mid-season trade, but we are at a whole new level for both you and the team.

Terry Rosier: It really comes down to the fact that we have an identity now, something that had been missing for many year in San Antonio. Coach Johnson came in first day and preached defense to us and that we will win or die by how we lock down our opponents. He then took Frank and I aside and really shared with us his belief that the two of us could be one of the top backcourts in the league. Since that first practice with Coach Johnson, Frank and I have really prided ourselves with being two of the best ball thieves in the league.

Don Harris, WOAI: Speaking of the Little General, Avery Johnson, what else have you learned from him since he has joined the coaching staff?

Terry Rosier: Man, I love that guy! It is so refreshing to have someone that understands your position to the degree he does. He is a fighter and you can see that through his playing career here in San Antonio. He has really challenged me personally this year around my leadership and that leadership was not just on the court but also off the court. I have taken that to heart, and I am really trying to shed some of my past where those around the league viewed me a negative to a team. I have spent a lot of time with Franky and we have developed such a great relationship on and off the court.

Don Harris, WOAI: Can you tell me more about the team this year? There were a lot of big changes that happened over the summer and even recently with two new guys coming in from your former team, the Thunder.

Terry Rosier: Simply put, we are hungry and have something to prove this year. This city has not seen winning in a long time and a lot of GMs around the league wrote us off before the season even begun. We want to prove to the league that San Antonio is one of the best franchises moving forward and a future free agent destination. You look at some of the guys on our rosters like myself, Jordan, TJ, and even Franky were somewhat written off in the league either for our contracts or maybe not performing to what others believed they should. Its just silly to think that there were already rumblings in the league that Franky was a bust and he hadn’t even finished his rookie season! Now look at him! He is one of the top defensive point guards in the league and is also averaging almost 16 points and 6 assists. This kid is only going to get better too! The league needs to be on the lookout for him as I expect big things from him.

Don Harris, WOAI:Wow Terry, I love your passion. What can the city expect from this team moving forward?

Terry Rosier: More winning… we have set the bar high for the team this year. We expect to make noise this year in the playoffs. We are excited about Mo and Jordan coming in to help solidify our defense along with my boy Davis coming back in two weeks. All things are pointing up for this team. Coach Johnson has done an amazing job leading this team.

Don Harris, WOAI: Thank you Terry for your time and we look forward to watching the team this year.
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Re: Spurs Nation Interview with Terry Rosier

Post by emplep7 »

Terry would never be that eloquent and nice, dude is a nut.

But I’m glad he’s working out and your team is firing on all cylinders. He seems to have broken his injury curse too which will bode well for your team.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

emplep7 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:10 am Terry would never be that eloquent and nice, dude is a nut.

But I’m glad he’s working out and your team is firing on all cylinders. He seems to have broken his injury curse too which will bode well for your team.
That's Terry Rozier, this is Terry Rosier.
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

emplep7 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:10 am He seems to have broken his injury curse too which will bode well for your team.
I’m praying that this is not a jinx lol
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

Andrewu91 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:29 am
emplep7 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:10 am Terry would never be that eloquent and nice, dude is a nut.

That's Terry Rozier, this is Terry Rosier.
We polished him up and w that he changed his last name
Dallas Maverick GM

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Not just the Rozier trade worked well, you got the right pieces to complement each other and it pays off.
Funny how mny players.I always had on "my list" are.now in SA. Good work!

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

Holy hell I had no idea you were 23-11. Frankie Smokes has taken big strides forward and you have a great team all around. Solid work man.