League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

The Elite East - A noob's Prediction

Write updates about your team or the league here.
Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

The Elite East - A noob's Prediction

Post by Dennis »

#1 Miami Heat - 65:17
The Heat look like the early favourites to come out of the east as the first seed. Not only are they off to a hot start, they also have recorded a 10-4 record without Ben Simmons and Josh Smith for most games. Given they can stay healthy, there won't be a team able to stop them. Keeping in mind that their core is still pretty young, it's really scary for the rest of the league. Hopefully the change to the new engine will help minimize their dominance.

#2 Boston Celtics - 55:27

I will keep it short for ourselves as I dont like evaluating your own team. However, I will be that self confident to predict us making it as the 2nd seed with a core of Fox, Cordinier, McLemore, Thompson & Labissiere. The only question is if we will be able to pull the trigger on a trade that gets us close to Miami.

#3 Atlanta Hawks - 53:29
Being fairly honest it's a super close race between #2 to #8. I will be happy if I end up predicting at least 50% correcet. However, I see Atlanta as a great team that could easily finish as the third best team. Do I still think they would have been the run away third seed if they didnt do that KAT Monk for Exum trade? No doubt! But they did fairly well with their Michael Young pick and built a well-rounded team around Dante. They will be a tough opponent for whoever they will face come post season.

#4 Chicago Bulls - 50:32
The Bulls are of to a very slow start.. but we all know Mr Beck. They gonna end the season strong! It sucks to see them lose Allen, but the addition of Leonhard should do wonders. With his strong rebounding ratings he should also be able to step in as power forward right away, which would allow them to move Lauri Markkannen to the 5. Come playoffs their starting five is so good, that with extended minutes, they can beat everyone. They might be the first candidate to suprise in the east and to make it all the way to the finals.

#5 Detroit Piston - 49:33
Just another GM that already won a title. Like every season it is a given that Detroit and Boston will meet in the postseason. The only question is in which round. Detroit is still in the middle of a retool and added a new center in Stanley Johnson Jr. A player who has his haters and fans. However, in Jon's hands inefficient bigs somehow often turn out to be real monster. So I wouldnt be suprised if they even end up higher in the standings. I could easily see them also end up as the third best team if Johnson works like planned right away.

#6 Cleveland Cavaliers - 47:35
Like always Josh wont be respected for ending up in the top6 just again. Yet the Cavs are a playoff lock like every year. The defensive backcourt of Payton and Oladipo is just too strong to not make it. Yet Griffin aint the player he was some time ago and the rest of the team is solid but not earth shaking - pretty much a bunch of solid roleplayers. No matter if it's McDermott, Desyatnikov or Spanoulis. They all excel in one or two areas but have serious weaknesses in other parts of the game. The key-question will be if Collins can already take over a leading role in his rookie season.

#7 Philadelphia 76ers - 46:36
It's time to bring TJ back, lol. Let's be honest though. This team is super talented and just needs a GM that is active and willing to put in some time to set up depth charts and tactics. I cant believe that such a team is cursed the way it is. The 76ers are off to a strong start while being on autopilit, but the question is if they can stay healthy. Ball is averaging north of 38 minutes and Parker even tops it with nearly 40 minutes per game. Given how the engine works you can bet on an injury. So the question is if someone steps in in time to reduce their minutes or if an injury to one of those stars opens up a playoff spot for a team that's gonna miss the postseason by one or two games.

#8 Toronto Raptors - 43:39
The eigth spot gonna be a tough tough fight. With Toronto and Brooklyn being the frontrunners. Due to the Raptors all in moves I see them slightly ahead for now, but with Adam searching for deals they could easily find a trade that puts them just ahead. No matter who sneaks just in, Im sure, both teams arent opponents you dont want to face in the first round. Especially a veteran team like Toronto will cause trouble for the younger teams like Miami or Boston.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Re: The Elite East - A noob's Prediction

Post by Silogical »

You trying to jinx me or something? 65 wins in the east is insane. The order could very well come true but i see the gap between 1 and 8 a lot tighter.

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

#1 Miami Heat - 54
#2 Boston Celtics - 54
#3 Atlanta Hawks - 53
#4 Chicago Bulls - 52
#5 Detroit Piston - 52
#6 Cleveland Cavaliers -51
#7 Philadelphia 76ers - 50
#8 Toronto Raptors - 50

That's how tight itll be :)

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

Sheesh so glad I’m in the West.... the is probably 6 teams deep while the east is probably 9...
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

I would be very happy to get 50 this year. I tend a bit to Silo's standings, I think all the top teams in the east will loose here and there vs each other.
If the Heat or Boston are able to get 60, they should be heavy favorites for the conference finals.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

The ranking order looks about right, however I think the win totals will be quite a bit different, as the East is an absolute blood bath this season. Hell, we are barely hanging on at 8-8 with all these injuries right now.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

Trying to get up to date with the league after three very busy weeks, but it seems the East has improved a lot. I hope to find time to gameplan soon because I think if so we would have a chance to make the playoffs.
ImageImageImageImageImage