League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Trades that should but wont happen

Write updates about your team or the league here.
Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

1)
Chicago sends Lauri Markanen and Damien Lillard
New Orleans sends Anthony Davis

Chicago is struggling to make the post season and Lillard is doing very little to help their cause. Add in AD and Chicago suddenly becomes the favorite to win it all.
New Orleans with AD are looking at a 7th or 8th seed and a 1st round sweep. New Orleans with Lauri and Lillard are looking at a 7th or 8th seed and a 1st round sweep, but their future is brighter.

2)
Orlando Sends Derrick Favors, Hassan Whiteside, and DEN 24 1st
Minnesota sends Tyus Jones, Bradley Beal, and Caleb Swanigan

Orlando is a point guard and some 3 point shooting away from making some noise, and they are bringing in two of the best 3 point shooters in the league. Vucevic can fill in for Whiteside and Orlando has multiple players that can play spot minutes at Power Forward.
Andrew Wiggins: Yeah some balance on this team would be great, but I dont think our GM or coach care about winning
Minnesota is not going to care about Whiteside or Favors they hold little to no value but a 15-17 pick will go a long way. They might be able to use the pick and some assets to get their 2025 1st back.

3)
Cleveland sends Blake Griffin
Charlotte sends Christian Wood

Charlotte has shown they are a legit threat in the east. Blake would help them lock up home court in the 1st round and challenge any east team in the playoffs.
Cleveland has a very mediocre roster and the chances they get through 4 teams in the playoffs is next to 0. Yeah the talent of the head coach should get them in the playoffs but i think they want more in Cleveland. Blake is better than Wood this year, next year at age 35 he will not be.

4)
Milwaukee sends Jonas Valunciunas
Dallas sends Derrick Rose

The Bucks are close to fighting for a playoff spot, a veteran PG will get them even closer. The main reason the bucks make this trade is for the expiring contract. The Bucks will be an attractive destination for players looking to join an up and coming team.
The Mavs are in the opposite position the only way they will sign anyone is if they give them a long bloated contract. They would be better off with J-Vals expiring contract which will hold value.
Last edited by Silogical on Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Re: Trades that should but wont happen

Post by KW »

Minnesota gets killed in that deal. Denver probably ends up in the playoffs despite the slow start. Tyus should remain in Minny while they rebuild, he's a terrific young piece

Not sure Val has that kind of value. Milwaukee needs to send over something else but I like the idea.

The Davis deal is about as fair an offer as there is. Makes sense, that's not unlike the trade I took for James Harden 4 years ago.

drumr isn't NuggOlesk. There is no way Blake goes cheap like that.

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

KW wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:59 am Minnesota gets killed in that deal. Denver probably ends up in the playoffs despite the slow start. Tyus should remain in Minny while they rebuild, he's a terrific young piece

Not sure Val has that kind of value. Milwaukee needs to send over something else but I like the idea.

The Davis deal is about as fair an offer as there is. Makes sense, that's not unlike the trade I took for James Harden 4 years ago.

drumr isn't NuggOlesk. There is no way Blake goes cheap like that.
you're a senior citizen at 34 and dead at 35.

Tyus and beal dont hold much value, some would say tyus is negative value. The pick is the best piece in the trade. I originally thought about 4 2nds instead of caleb but didnt think it was enough for a 1st.
Last edited by Silogical on Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

I actually don’t like Tyrus Jones at all. Getting Whiteside and a first for him is a huge win for me. Jones is on a crazy contract and a slightly above average guard. A first this year has insane value. With the new odds you even have a slight chance to go top 3 with the new odds if Denver barley misses the playoffs. Unlikely in the weak west, but you never know what will happen the next few months (slumps, injuries, trades etc).
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

PS: trade won’t happen though as I think willy doesn’t care about winning and wants to tank for one of the Uber stars available that will, even in his hands, make them a contender without much work. The influx of high end stars - beyond everything we ever had - will end up the teams with them being the front runners and not the top GMs. So it’s actually smart by him to go to tankland for one season.

CSL Champions Image 2028

Dylan
Senior Vice President

Post by Dylan »

Dennis wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:38 am PS: trade won’t happen though as I think willy doesn’t care about winning and wants to tank for one of the Uber stars available that will, even in his hands, make them a contender without much work. The influx of high end stars - beyond everything we ever had - will end up the teams with them being the front runners and not the top GMs. So it’s actually smart by him to go to tankland for one season.
He doesn't have his pick... Phoenix does.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Dylan wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:52 am
Dennis wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:38 am PS: trade won’t happen though as I think willy doesn’t care about winning and wants to tank for one of the Uber stars available that will, even in his hands, make them a contender without much work. The influx of high end stars - beyond everything we ever had - will end up the teams with them being the front runners and not the top GMs. So it’s actually smart by him to go to tankland for one season.
He doesn't have his pick... Phoenix does.
Damn, that makes it even worse hahahahahaha. Doug with one of Luka / Jarant / Zion? Holy shit. That team is primed for a dynasty. On the other hand that means willy just cant do any better lol.

CSL Champions Image 2028

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

I like this article about possible trades, good work!

- The AD trade would be interesting. The Bulls would be in a good position the next two season indeed. The loss of Markkanen stings, but if you win a title who cares.
For NO would be nice to extract another 1st somehow to get a good base for a rebuild around Lauri.

- For the Minny trade ... I'm not a big fan of Tyrus either. He is a great shooter and decent ball distributor but besides of that pretty weak. Imo if he would be the 6th man he would be great. I think the trade would be ok value wise but Orlando would have better fit.

- I would rather try one more with Blake than trading for Woods and I'm sure Josh would too

- Yeah, Dallas needs a pick back to gain something out of it

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Lol this fool has make horrible fantasy trade offers for my team cause he's been sent to voice mail :lol:

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

WillyJakkz wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:41 pm Lol this fool has make horrible fantasy trade offers for my team cause he's been sent to voice mail :lol:
Trade is fine, Biz even says minny gets killed in the deal and influenced me a bit. I doubt anyone would say Orl gets killed.

The AD and Tyus trades are perfectly fair, and make the most sense for Orlando of the 4 teams. Tyus/beal would fit perfect on that team.

The other two trades will likely have people seeing rose and blake as more valuable. I like Wood his offensive rebounding would be deadly on my team. I dont like rose at his current age. I dont see anyone giving more value than J-Val.

ozymandias
Senior Vice President

Post by ozymandias »

Really like this type of articles. NBA gets them all the time and it's nice seeing them here as well.

CHA-CLE trade does look nice and that's the type of moves we'll be making once I feel more comfortable about my team.

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

At that return I'd keep Blake. Especially watching 36 year old Horford starting for the 18-10 76ers and very well for that matter with dininished ratings. Also maybe he ages well moving to the new engine. Plus I'm going to have a bunch of massive expiring contracts next season. Taking the overall picture into account this would be bad for me imo. All that said he could go for the right offer :)
Cleveland Cavaliers