League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

CSL Scout Buddy

Moderators: KW, andrei

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Re: CSL Scout Buddy

Post by hardenwithnod »

Great stuff for sure, will definitely be messing around with this more.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

TheTwoWallaces
CEO

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

GreenBear wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 3:02 pm
One potential improvement I see at the moment (and it’s quite minor) is figuring out a way to incorporate the scouts we get from Kyrus to write the articles, but since the deviations are slightly different, there’s not a simple fix.
Thanks!

The different deviations is actually not a problem. The only hard part would be that users would have to upload an identical csv as the one that is downloaded from CSLO. Since users would have to manually convert the ratings received from Kyrus to a csv, there would be room for error. Maybe there's a way to coordinate with the draft team so that we get our article scouts in the same format as our CSLO scouts.
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Krejci | Melton | Campazzo
Porter | Notice | King
Johnson | Kispert
McDaniels | Martin | Petrusev
Wiseman | Stewart

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

I could easily be mistaken, so someone should double-check me.
The reports we get from Kyrus for our prospects have deviations of +/- 10 for current ratings, but I think the scouts from the CSLO are supposed to have deviations of +/- 5 for current ratings, right?

TheTwoWallaces
CEO

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

GreenBear wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 5:10 am I could easily be mistaken, so someone should double-check me.
The reports we get from Kyrus for our prospects have deviations of +/- 10 for current ratings, but I think the scouts from the CSLO are supposed to have deviations of +/- 5 for current ratings, right?
Can a draft team member confirm the ratings somewhere? There is some outdated scout info on the draft page, and I don't know for certain what's what. I thought that

cslo deviations are +-2 shooting, +-10 current, +-15 potential
article deviations are +-4 shooting, +-8 current, +-12 potential

I think the CSL draft page needs some updating. It's quite hard to find relevant information (who has been written articles about, who are the prospects, what are the deviations, what's the scouting schedule, etc)
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Porter | Notice | King
Johnson | Kispert
Wiseman | Stewart

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

TheTwoWallaces wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:57 am
GreenBear wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 5:10 am I could easily be mistaken, so someone should double-check me.
Can a draft team member confirm the ratings somewhere? There is some outdated scout info on the draft page, and I don't know for certain what's what. I thought that

cslo deviations are +-2 shooting, +-10 current, +-15 potential
article deviations are +-4 shooting, +-8 current, +-12 potential

I think the CSL draft page needs some updating. It's quite hard to find relevant information (who has been written articles about, who are the prospects, what are the deviations, what's the scouting schedule, etc)
I just followed up with Kyrus and he confirmed it is +/- 5 for current ratings for cslo. The rest of your parameters seem correct

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

TheTwoWallaces
CEO

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

Thanks guys!

Updated to include:

-corrected ratings
-ability to add article-scouts csv*

*heads up, you have to make the csv yourself and make it EXACTLY the same as the CSLO csvs. Which means that every column has to be identical and every player needs 1 row per scout. Doesn't matter what you name the csv.
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Porter | Notice | King
Johnson | Kispert
Wiseman | Stewart

TheTwoWallaces
CEO

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

I'm excited to announce a pretty big new feature: the Draft Board!!

The draft board's main purpose is to be, well, a draft board. That means that you get to put all 100 prospects in any order of your choosing. Analyze player ratings according to your scouts, rearrange your board, and crucially, export your board (and all the underlying data) as a csv.

This means that the next time you open the app, you can keep your previous draft board order by uploading the same csv on the draft board page (with the 'browse' button). Come draft night, you should have a ready-to-go draft board to help you make the best draft decision possible.

Remember, the first and most important step is still to upload the raw scouts from the CSLO on the first page. This is what the app needs to analyze your scouts. Uploading any other csv (including the one downloaded from the draft board) instead of the CSLO csv will prevent the code from computing scouts correctly.

Let me know if there are any questions or if you run into any problems. Happy scouting!
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Porter | Notice | King
Johnson | Kispert
Wiseman | Stewart

TheTwoWallaces
CEO

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

Just added a 6-minute tutorial in case it's useful
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Porter | Notice | King
Johnson | Kispert
Wiseman | Stewart

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Thanks!!! Have to check it out asap with the draft the next step for the Hawks

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Awesome! I've been using this after each scouting period. Looking forward to testing out the new features

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Awesome stuff man, thanks for the update!
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Dylan
Senior Vice President

Post by Dylan »

Just really dove into it last night, and what a game changer! So much better than the way I've been doing scouts

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

This is amazing, great work mate and thanks. Will be so handy!
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

Dylan
Senior Vice President

Post by Dylan »

Is it currently possible to see narrowed ranges just written out and not in the form of a graph?

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Dylan wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:17 am Is it currently possible to see narrowed ranges just written out and not in the form of a graph?
There used to be, but it looks like he changed it with his latest update. Hoping he can bring that part back because it was the part I used the most 🙂

You can see the ranges if you hover over them on the graph, but I liked seeing the ranges written out below the graph in data form.

TheTwoWallaces
CEO

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

Ah ok, I didn't know anyone used those little side data tables. I can add them back next week when I'm back home.
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Porter | Notice | King
Johnson | Kispert
Wiseman | Stewart

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

TheTwoWallaces wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:29 pm Ah ok, I didn't know anyone used those little side data tables. I can add them back next week when I'm back home.
Awesome. Thanks again for this scouting tool. Big fan of how it calculates the ranges for each attribute, and the player comparison tab!

The draft board looks too be an interesting addition too

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

Has anyone got the articles part working?

I downloaded the CLSO csv and deleted all the data except for the headers. Then I typed in my info, one player per line and saved as 'articles'. Upload to the app along with the main CLSO file but none of the articles data works and it just shows the actual CLSO data.

EDIT: My articles spreadsheet is fine actually as I just uploaded it into the normal CLSO slot and it showed up my 4 players no worries albeit with the wrong ranges of course. When I upload the normal working CLSO into the articles slot, it doesn't work there either so maybe the articles slot isn't working?
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

TheTwoWallaces
CEO

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

Hey bt-- not at my computer right now but the articles slot is coded to work as an addition to the CSLO scouts -- not as something you can run by itself.

For the app to work, you have to start with the CSLO csv in the first slot. Every time.

Then, if you made an articles csv, you can upload it in the second slot, and it will further compute the ranges for those players scouted with articles.

My coding skills are limited so idk how else to do it lol. But always always always start with the CSLO file. Did I understand your issue correctly?
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Porter | Notice | King
Johnson | Kispert
Wiseman | Stewart