League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

CSL Scout Buddy

Moderators: KW, andrei

TheTwoWallaces
CEO

Re: CSL Scout Buddy

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

GreenBear wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:42 pm
TheTwoWallaces wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:29 pm Ah ok, I didn't know anyone used those little side data tables. I can add them back next week when I'm back home.
Awesome. Thanks again for this scouting tool. Big fan of how it calculates the ranges for each attribute, and the player comparison tab!

The draft board looks too be an interesting addition too
Ah and I forgot to get around to this. I should have time later today to add those back in.
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Krejci | Melton | Campazzo
Porter | Notice | King
Johnson | Kispert
McDaniels | Martin | Petrusev
Wiseman | Stewart

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

TheTwoWallaces wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:30 am Hey bt-- not at my computer right now but the articles slot is coded to work as an addition to the CSLO scouts -- not as something you can run by itself.

For the app to work, you have to start with the CSLO csv in the first slot. Every time.

Then, if you made an articles csv, you can upload it in the second slot, and it will further compute the ranges for those players scouted with articles.

My coding skills are limited so idk how else to do it lol. But always always always start with the CSLO file. Did I understand your issue correctly?
Ah yeah, that's why testing the articles alone didn't work if they need to work in addition to.

I still can't get it to work though. Case in point.

The original CSLO csv works fine. I upload it into the main slot and it brings up my data of 41 entries. I then created an articles csv with only one player (named Michael Jordan just so it's apparent if it works) just to test it out. To create this csv, I just used the original CSLO csv and deleted all the entries, saved as an articles csv. To make sure this works, I can upload this articles csv to the main CSLO slot and it showed the single player in the data so file working correctly.

I refresh the page to start from scratch. I upload the original CSLO file and wait until it's uploaded. Then I upload the articles csv file and wait until it's uploaded. When I go to the draft board tab, I can only see the original CSLO data. There were 41 entries on my draft board with the original, there should be 42 but it still only shows 41.

Or to put it another way, when I reverse those files and upload the articles csv to the main and the original CSLO file to the articles, it only shows that one Michael Jordan player and is not reading the original CSLO csv that contains all the other players.

Does that explain it some more? Not sure what I'm doing wrong though.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

TheTwoWallaces
CEO

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

Ok, I think I understand. The main issue is that the article file does not alter the player database -- it only alters the ranges already calculated by the CSLO file. That's why when you reverse the order, you still get Michael Jordan but not the other 41 players: The article file is there to improve the ranges on a player that's already been scouted in the CSLO.

Say I had 1 CSLO scout on Matteo Spagnolo and knew his handles ranges were, idk, 70-85. If I also had two article scouts on him, I could upload the article file and his ranges would recalculate to, idk, 74-78. But I if I had never scouted Matteo Spagnolo in the CSLO, then he wouldn't appear in the player database and therefore the app.

Do you have players that you haven't scouted in the CSLO but wrote articles on?

TLDR: The articles file will help you narrow ranges on players you've already scouted in the CSLO. It will not add new players to the player database. I'll see if I can think of a solution.
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Porter | Notice | King
Johnson | Kispert
Wiseman | Stewart

bt

Post by bt »

Ah, I get you now. It won't actually add players, just adjust what is already there. Okay, makes sense, thanks for explaining.
TheTwoWallaces wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:35 amDo you have players that you haven't scouted in the CSLO but wrote articles on?
Yeah, that would be my issue then as I have 4 scouts from the articles of players I didn't scout. Not sure how I could add them to the main CSLO file as I would't have any ratings for them, etc.

So unless your article scouts are players you have already scouted, it wouldn't work but it's not a big issue. I'll update my scouts for this next period to add a single scout of those players in I guess. I assume that would work then as intended.
sacramento kings

TheTwoWallaces
CEO

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

I'll see if I can find a quick code solution too. Thanks for pointing this out!
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Porter | Notice | King
Johnson | Kispert
Wiseman | Stewart

TheTwoWallaces
CEO

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

bt wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:45 am Ah, I get you now. It won't actually add players, just adjust what is already there. Okay, makes sense, thanks for explaining.
TheTwoWallaces wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:35 amDo you have players that you haven't scouted in the CSLO but wrote articles on?
Yeah, that would be my issue then as I have 4 scouts from the articles of players I didn't scout. Not sure how I could add them to the main CSLO file as I would't have any ratings for them, etc.

So unless your article scouts are players you have already scouted, it wouldn't work but it's not a big issue. I'll update my scouts for this next period to add a single scout of those players in I guess. I assume that would work then as intended.
Should be fixed now. Let me know if it works for you. Still have to add the CSLO scouts, put your additional scouts should also appear even if you haven't scouted them in the CSLO, I think.
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Porter | Notice | King
Johnson | Kispert
Wiseman | Stewart

bt

Post by bt »

Lovely mate, working a treat now.

Thanks Lucas, amazing work.
sacramento kings

TheTwoWallaces
CEO

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

GreenBear wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:53 am
Dylan wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:17 am Is it currently possible to see narrowed ranges just written out and not in the form of a graph?
There used to be, but it looks like he changed it with his latest update. Hoping he can bring that part back because it was the part I used the most 🙂

You can see the ranges if you hover over them on the graph, but I liked seeing the ranges written out below the graph in data form.
Ok data tables have been reinserted for both the draft board and the player comparison feature. Let me know if they're working for you.
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Porter | Notice | King
Johnson | Kispert
Wiseman | Stewart

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

TheTwoWallaces wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:04 pm
GreenBear wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:53 am
Dylan wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:17 am Is it currently possible to see narrowed ranges just written out and not in the form of a graph?
There used to be, but it looks like he changed it with his latest update. Hoping he can bring that part back because it was the part I used the most 🙂

You can see the ranges if you hover over them on the graph, but I liked seeing the ranges written out below the graph in data form.
Ok data tables have been reinserted for both the draft board and the player comparison feature. Let me know if they're working for you.
Working great! Thanks 🙏

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Thank you for this tool it was very useful!

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

Wait a mf’ing second….what the shit is this and why I am just seeing it??? :o :x :evil:
Clown.Show.League

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Well you weren’t around for much of the season I guess
This is something Lucas from Detroit developed and it’s VERY helpful when it comes to scouting hehe

Gives you ranges for every player you scouted and makes it much easier dude, try scouting next year and you’ll see!
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

I "wasn't around for much of the season?" So, you win the title and think you can talk to me like that? LOL

I'm kidding. This looks like an amazing tool and resource for scouting. There's no way my old ass is going to figure out how to use it, though.
Clown.Show.League

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Ocons wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:17 pm I "wasn't around for much of the season?" So, you win the title and think you can talk to me like that? LOL

I'm kidding. This looks like an amazing tool and resource for scouting. There's no way my old ass is going to figure out how to use it, though.
There’s a tutorial, it’s incredibly simple Kevin, cmon, give it a try, you are a reformed man now haha
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

Well done Marcos - keep him coming back as Indiana is due to pick again soon :lol: :lol:
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Can this be updated for the 2031 class? 🙃

TheTwoWallaces
CEO

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

Yes sir! Good Saturday morning task for me :)
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Porter | Notice | King
Johnson | Kispert
Wiseman | Stewart

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

TheTwoWallaces wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:01 pm Yes sir! Good Saturday morning task for me :)
You're the man!

TheTwoWallaces
CEO

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

Ok it should be updated for 2031 scouts. Let me know if there's any issues!
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Porter | Notice | King
Johnson | Kispert
Wiseman | Stewart

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Great work!!! :-)