League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Durant Injury IRL

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Durant Injury IRL

Post by WillyJakkz »

Man I think KD just tore his Achilles, landed on no one's foot, turned down court to run, took a step, twisted awkwardly, looked back at the ground like someone tripped him, no one there, limps to half court then shuffles to locker room.

Same shit that happened to Shaq, Chauncey Billups, Kobe (to an extent except Barnes was actually guarding him)...

Warriors first taste of injury whereas teams they faced always were injured
Last edited by WillyJakkz on Thu May 09, 2019 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton |
PF W Kessler | C M Williams

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Re: Durant Injury IRL

Post by KW »

Fingers crossed that it's only a calf strain, which is apparently what they're saying.

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

What he said. Though it would create so much chaos. New champs. Does Kyrie join him in NY now? What does GS do?
Cleveland Cavaliers

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Sounds like its just a calf strain, but that has every other team remaining in the playoffs licking their chops now. Even if its 'just' a calf strain, hes going to be out for a good bit of time (but much better than an ACL at least), which opens up the entire field to a new champ.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

If Golden State really struggles now it underlines how good and important KD really is.
It will be an interesting off-season.

And I hope someone else is winning the trophy this year. Toronto would be a nice champ.

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

emplep7 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 11:55 am Sounds like its just a calf strain, but that has every other team remaining in the playoffs licking their chops now. Even if its 'just' a calf strain, hes going to be out for a good bit of time (but much better than an ACL at least), which opens up the entire field to a new champ.
I think the Warriors FO etc is spinning it as a calf strain to not panic the fan base etc. That's my gut feeling from seeing how it happened, the classic look back at the floor like wth did I just step on something followed by the way he limped off court. Couldn't put pressure on his foot.

I had a partial torn Achilles in 2015 and when it happened to me it was the same walk. It's like your "shock absorber" (Achilles) goes flat and your calf muscle drops straight to your foot.

Hate to see it, that's just my opinion from seeing it live, that was my first thought....actually yelled it out lol "Oh shit he tore his Achilles"

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton |
PF W Kessler | C M Williams

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

Same here. That's how my pops described it. Welp time for the Rise of Giannis. I'm here for it.
Cleveland Cavaliers