League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Cousins

wms02a
CEO

Re: Cousins

Post by wms02a »

lakeshowak7 wrote:
drumr wrote:You guys are crazy if you don't think Boogie takes the money. No one turns down 200+ million. No. One.
He's not eligible for the super max anymore so he's signing the same exact deal in NOLA or any where else I believe.

I know he lost out on over $30 million by being traded.
why isnt he eligible under the new CBA?
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions

lakeshowak7
CEO

Post by lakeshowak7 »

wms02a wrote:
lakeshowak7 wrote:
drumr wrote:You guys are crazy if you don't think Boogie takes the money. No one turns down 200+ million. No. One.
He's not eligible for the super max anymore so he's signing the same exact deal in NOLA or any where else I believe.

I know he lost out on over $30 million by being traded.
why isnt he eligible under the new CBA?
Because Boogie made the all-star team the past two seasons, he was eligible for the designated veteran extension. However, it’s reserved for players still with their original team or who changed teams only via trade during their first four years.

NOLA still retains bird rights and can offer the 5th year, but the advantage is not that great anymore.

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

So 179mil over 5 yrs. Again...unless you're Durant going to a team w 4 all-star YOU TAKE THAT MONEY that's serious bank.
Cleveland Cavaliers

lakeshowak7
CEO

Post by lakeshowak7 »

drumr wrote:So 179mil over 5 yrs. Again...unless you're Durant going to a team w 4 all-star YOU TAKE THAT MONEY that's serious bank.
Or Dwight Howard...

Dude could lose out on over $70 million if he leaves NOLA after being traded by the Kings, that's nuts.

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

I honestly want it to work. I love basketball and really hate this trending towards 3s. Golden State is gonna have the matchup of a lifetime. In the offseason I would hire Calipari to mediate. Sign every available shooter. Try to talk CP3 back to New Orleans. Ringzzzzzzzzz
Cleveland Cavaliers

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

The Kings are a train wreck. The Pelicans were a train wreck. If they can get something, anything at he 2/3 this is going to be an incredibly tough team.

Bold prediction: we are about to see that DeMarcus Cousins is a better player than Anthony Davis. Both players have been stuck on horribly dysfunctional franchises for their entire existence in the NBA, and we're about to see that Cousins is far better than most people realize.

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

drumr wrote:So 179mil over 5 yrs. Again...unless you're Durant going to a team w 4 all-star YOU TAKE THAT MONEY that's serious bank.
Reminder that, based on his nba career so far, DMC is a crazy bastard that just cost himself 30mil. So who knows what he gonna come up with next. He is as predictable as a monkey with a grenade...
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Prediction: Cousins is going to mellow out, and shows that he can get along with his team when he has the right environment/supporting cast similar to former headcases such as Jermaine' Oneal, Rasheed Wallace, and Zach Randolph.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

stelfair333
General Manager

Post by stelfair333 »

Fuck you for naming all former Blazers. :lol:

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

stelfair333 wrote:Fuck you for naming all former Blazers. :lol:
LMAO, I just realized that as well.