League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

UEFA vs NBA

andrei
Chairman of the Board

UEFA vs NBA

Post by andrei »

(For the purposes of the below Football = Soccer)

NBA games are becoming less and less interesting to watch. Most of it is at night and lasts for about 2.5 hours (i.e. approx. 150 minutes) of which only 48 minutes is actual basketball and the rest is mostly commercials. So I found it very refreshing to watch a Euro cup football game almost commercial free. I am not a big football fan in general but with Euro Cup happening now I had to join in. There is only a break between two halfs but otherwise its more or less pure football. Why is it so different? Is it a cultural difference where in US this will fly while Europeans just start protesting and boycotting?

With the new TV deal coming – is it only going to get worse?
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Re: UEFA vs NBA

Post by Rizzo »

I actually hate that I don't watch more European soccer (MLS is awful to watch), but the lack of commercials alone is amazing. When I out on an NBA game, unless it is an important game it is nothing more than background noise while I'm doing something else.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

I just dont understand soccer. Snails crawling across my pool deck is more entertaining.
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

OneNole wrote:I just dont understand soccer. Snails crawling across my pool deck is more entertaining.
I enjoy playing (in real life or in video games) a lot more than I enjoy watching soccer. You described baseball for me :lol:

lakeshowak7
CEO

Post by lakeshowak7 »

Money is why there is commercials.

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

BizGilwalker wrote:
OneNole wrote:I just dont understand soccer. Snails crawling across my pool deck is more entertaining.
I enjoy playing (in real life or in video games) a lot more than I enjoy watching soccer. You described baseball for me :lol:
Spot on!
Well in Brazil either you play soccer or you play soccer anyway so... I do enjoy it however, a lot.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

It's not perfect, but soccer will always be my favorite sport for so many reasons. The lack of commercials and continuous gameplay is one of the bigger ones.

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

Like with any sport, unless you are supporting a team or player its not that interesting. I once tried to watch Formula 1 and its just cars turning and speeding for a few hours with occasional action where they try to overtake. Boring. But if you know the drivers and standings and points and rivalries - then it becomes interesting.

With soccer, I don't have a lot of interest when watching it. But now we have fantasy league where I have a few German players for example and it becomes fun to watch Germany play.
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Rob
Senior Vice President

Post by Rob »

BizGilwalker wrote:
+1 i cant stand baseball. Its just so boring. Even watching it live is pretty boring.

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

I enjoy watching national soccer team play. Club play is hit and miss. Loved coaching and playing it though.

Chilikonkarne
CEO

Post by Chilikonkarne »

Not a big fan of football (sorry cannot use soccer :p) but when it comes to national competition, I am all in like most of the french and Europeans! Its cultural I guess
Loving the competition right now - we play Iceland this Sunday where we should hopefully win.
Chilikonkarne Era (273-186 / 59%)

2014-2015 : 28-21 - (Lottery)
2015-2016 : 50-32 - (Conference Final)
2016-2017 : 35-47 - (Lottery)
2017-2018 : 54-28 - (Conference Final, Atlantic Division Champion)
2018-2019 : 49-33 - (2nd round)
2019-2020 : 57-25 - (2nd round, Atlantic Division Champion)

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

I like the Italian teams (I was born there), both international and club (Juventus, Inter, etc.) teams. Not a huge soccer fan though.
Ball is Life.