League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Cavs win

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Cavs win

Post by andrei »

Congrats to CAVS and their fans. James really stepped up and Kyrie played great – well deserved win.

On the other side Warrions: Curry/Klay/Barnes - WTF happened? Game 7 and these guys forgot to show up. Is this the most disappointing performance by MVP winner ever?

How do you play Varejao and Festus for such a long time. Bogut is out but these guys were awful even before Game 7. Curry sitting at the beginning of the 4th quarter? Get some rest in about 12 mins dude.
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Sun Scorched
CSL Champ 2016

Re: Cavs win

Post by Sun Scorched »

I know I'm nit-picking, but I don't like James to begin with, so....

Laying on the ground screaming expletives because of a wrist that I'm assuming you've either broken, hyper-extended, or sprained.... to be shooting free throws not seconds later and pounding the court after your win in triumph. Hate that kinda ish.

But no doubt, Curry and Klay didn't show up. Definitely not the most disappointing MVP performance - in recent memory, Dirk's was pretty rough.

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Sun Scorched wrote:I know I'm nit-picking, but I don't like James to begin with, so....

Laying on the ground screaming expletives because of a wrist that I'm assuming you've either broken, hyper-extended, or sprained.... to be shooting free throws not seconds later and pounding the court after your win in triumph. Hate that kinda ish.

But no doubt, Curry and Klay didn't show up. Definitely not the most disappointing MVP performance - in recent memory, Dirk's was pretty rough.
I'm with you. I'm not a LeBron fan at all. I'll give him his props and say he's probably a top-6 non-center of all time but stuff like that is just so beyond ridiculous. I should know: I was in the Garden when Paul Pierce got taken off in a wheelchair in Game 1 of the 2008 Finals.

Barnes was abysmal almost the entire series. Klay was in the running for Finals MVP heading into Game 7 with Draymond Green and completely shit the bed. Steph Curry played the entire series as if it was game 20 of an 82-game season. That turnover in the 4th when he threw the behind-the-back pass out of bounds to Klay is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

I didn't realize how much Bogut meant to that team but all you had to do was watch Ezeli and Varejao play to realize that. I've never liked or respected Anderson Varejao as a player and this series continues to confirm those feelings. He's an embarrassment and even when he did play actual defense in Game 7, the refs weren't buying it and nor should they.

Festus Ezeli is probably going to get paid a lot of money this offseason and it's totally unwarranted. He's got zero offensive game, looked lost defensively and doesn't play all that aggressively. Just look back at the pick-and-roll where he caught it diving to the rim when Tristan Thompson, who already had 3 fouls as the time, came from the weakside to help on D. Instead of going right at him, he shied away and missed a layup horribly. In that situation, you're a 7-footer with athleticism trying to draw a crucial 4th foul on Tristan Thompson...GO RIGHT AT HIM! I hope my Celtics stay far away from him at all costs.

Harrison Barnes is going to get a max contract from someone and he's nothing more than a decent 3rd option on a team that thinks they can win it all. He doesn't have the consistency or the drive to be anything more than that. Again, good luck to whoever signs him this summer.

Kyrie Irving played huge on the biggest stage and didn't get the credit he deserved. I'm not saying he should have won the Finals MVP - that was all LeBron's. But for him not to get a single vote? That's outrageous. It's just the voters' way of validating LeBron after he complained that Steph Curry was the unanimous regular season MVP.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

Beercloud
General Manager

Post by Beercloud »

Kyrie Irving was da man. He was the MVP in this series in my mind anyways. He was crazy all series. I'm glad we finally got a good game out of the series.

On a side note, LeBron pinned that ball against the backboard which wasn't called at a crucial point in the game.
I had peeps at the bar disputing that and saying everything from as long as the ball is going upward it's ok to it's legal anytime. So I thought I better look it up to see if things have changed recently. They haven't. Still cant pin(trap) the ball.
Rule: http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_11.ht ... rticleList

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

I am no LeBron fan, but I have to give him his props. From a talent standpoint, he's incredible. He proved yet again that he's the best player in the world, and I don't even think it's that close at the moment.

I'm not a fan of his other antics though. He's a notorious flopper, and has the cajones to complain about how he doesn't get calls like other stars in this league (which is utter horseshit). That fall at the end of the game that Jace mentioned... wow. I saw the replay and didn't see anything justifying his ridiculous screaming. He probably got a bruise, but nothing got caught wrong underneath him, and he didn't land that awkwardly or anything. Then after writhing around like he shattered his wrist or something, he gets up shoots free throws and starts pounding his chest (with the supposedly hurt wrist). The guy has crazy skills, but what an attention seeking douche. And he's an awful loser. If things go wrong and the team loses, he points the blame at everyone around him. Coaches, teammates, everyone is expendable.

All this said, I actually really admire him as a person (away from the game). He's very generous with his time and money with kids, which is very commendable. He's not a bad guy. I just don't like his antics around the game of basketball.

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Congrats to LeBron and Kyrie. They won the Cavs the series.
Warriors didn't step up when they needed most. 73-9 means nothing if you don't get the ring.
That team just does not have the consistency and defensive level of those MJ's Bulls, specially the second three-peat squad.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Beercloud - I see that it is still in the rule book that you can't trap the ball against the glass but that call is NEVER made in the NBA and would have hated to see that called last night, even though I was pulling for the Warriors.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

Rob
Senior Vice President

Post by Rob »

Goodbye Harrison Barnes. I hope some team gives him the max. I wore a Barnes jersey and all to a Warriors Party. I was hoping that he would make all of his open shots but nope. Almost non existant on D. my heart dropped when Kyrie hit that dagger. Steph thought it was still regular season with those stupid passes. God i wish Bogut didnt get hurt. Idk im rambling. That game was horrible. To be up 3-1 and choke it away. I give props to Lebron and Kyrie. They wanted it more. I love Lebron. It was just the fact he played the Warriors i had to root against him. Im glad Verejao is on a 1 yr contract. Even tho he was on the Warriors, i hate his flopping. Just play D Jesus

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Rob wrote:Goodbye Harrison Barnes. I hope some team gives him the max. I wore a Barnes jersey and all to a Warriors Party. I was hoping that he would make all of his open shots but nope. Almost non existant on D. my heart dropped when Kyrie hit that dagger. Steph thought it was still regular season with those stupid passes. God i wish Bogut didnt get hurt. Idk im rambling. That game was horrible. To be up 3-1 and choke it away. I give props to Lebron and Kyrie. They wanted it more. I love Lebron. It was just the fact he played the Warriors i had to root against him. Im glad Verejao is on a 1 yr contract. Even tho he was on the Warriors, i hate his flopping. Just play D Jesus
I'd say it was a pretty poor series for most of the Warriors. Steph looked average at best out there (I've never seen him miss so many wide open shots...), Klay was extremely inconsistent and nowhere to be seen in clutch time, Green was stupid to get himself suspended for a pivotal game (that ended up swinging the momentum back to the Cavs), Barnes was beyond awful the last 3 games, Ezeli made dumb play after dumb play (like fouling James on a 3 point attempt in the 4th quarter of a game James had yet to make a 3 in...), Livingston was a no-show after the 1st 2 games, Iggy was not able to slow down James at all this time around.

I'm not sure what it was, but the Warriors did not look like the same team we all saw in the regular season. If missing Bogut was as big of a deal as some people are making it out to be, then this Warriors team is a lot more fragile than I thought.