League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Seems Like Philly is Excited

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Re: Seems Like Philly is Excited

Post by GreenBear »

NuggOlesk wrote:
StOfTheStep wrote:The league wanted him out to save face, so they approached the organization and offered the first pick guaranteed in exchange of firing Hinkie and replacing him with Coangelo.

How else would Dikembe Mutumbo know the Sixers got the first pick ~3 hours before the lottery was "drawn"?

Classic "Don't hate the player, hate the game." This is a wake up call to the NBA, it's the league's fault if they don't put something in place.

Don't know who is dummer you or Dikembe Mutombo. :lol:
Dikembe Mutombo isn't even on PHI payroll :roll:
I hope this is a wake up call for you, don't follow NBA ;)
NBA need no wake up call :D
Easy there, Mr. Silver

NuggOlesk
Senior Vice President

Post by NuggOlesk »

GreenBear wrote:Hate to burst Boston's bubble, but Okafor isn't going anywhere. The reports say Boston is going after Okafor, not that Philly is trying to move him right now. And Philly isn't going to trade him until they see if Embiid can get healthy.

Nerlens Noel is a much bigger candidate to get traded at some point this offseason.
Bad thing for PHI is Embiid probable not going to play in summer league, so they have to wait for a long time to get that figured out.
PHI can bring in all bigs, but if you want to start training camps with new young players, then you need to make a trade before Embiid plays.
That is a risk, but at the same time bringing all the bigs and keeping them until mid season is also risky.
I hope BOS keeps the pick, and drafts Hield :P

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Rizzo wrote:When Philly drafts Simmons, they will have a massive log jam in the front court with not a single player that can stretch the floor at those positions. They will need to move Okafor or Noel, though I would take Embiid in BOS in a second.
Saric can spread the floor some. And you're assuming Embiid makes it back to the court this year (a big if). If he does and he plays up to his potential, then yes, the 76ers will be making some big moves for sure.

But there's no rush for the 76ers to make moves before they see how the situation develops.

lakeshowak7
CEO

Post by lakeshowak7 »

StOfTheStep wrote:
lakeshowak7 wrote:Philly is ruining the NBA. Wish they'd just disappear- or become the Seattle Sonics.
Correction, Hinkie exploited the NBA, which made the league look bad. The league wanted him out to save face, so they approached the organization and offered the first pick guaranteed in exchange of firing Hinkie and replacing him with Coangelo.

How else would Dikembe Mutumbo know the Sixers got the first pick ~3 hours before the lottery was "drawn"?

Classic "Don't hate the player, hate the game." This is a wake up call to the NBA, it's the league's fault if they don't put something in place. Firing one guy is not going to change anything.

I say bring on league relegation into the D-League for tankers.
How cheap did Ticket Prices become once Hinkie started Philly's spiral into oblivion in effort to tank?

NuggOlesk
Senior Vice President

Post by NuggOlesk »

76ers Hire P.J. Carlesimo As Top Assistant Coach

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

lakeshowak7 wrote:
StOfTheStep wrote:
lakeshowak7 wrote:Philly is ruining the NBA. Wish they'd just disappear- or become the Seattle Sonics.
Correction, Hinkie exploited the NBA, which made the league look bad. The league wanted him out to save face, so they approached the organization and offered the first pick guaranteed in exchange of firing Hinkie and replacing him with Coangelo.

Classic "Don't hate the player, hate the game." This is a wake up call to the NBA, it's the league's fault if they don't put something in place. Firing one guy is not going to change anything.

I say bring on league relegation into the D-League for tankers.
How cheap did Ticket Prices become once Hinkie started Philly's spiral into oblivion in effort to tank?
Well that is expected right? And a decision made by the entire organization including the ownership. But also I think revenue making in NBA is not as simple as lets sell some tickets and t-shirts. Teams like CHA, MEM, MIL, MIN would run out of business by now. Thats why other owners complained I think - because Sixers are tanking, accumulating assets and still making money through revenue sharing.
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

NuggOlesk
Senior Vice President

Post by NuggOlesk »

Noel for Teague in talks.
Both are FA after next. If 76ers don't want to pay Noel big money, trade seems logical. Still big if is, if Teague would want to stay, because Noel for 1 year rental wouldn't be that good.
Hope they find a better trade, or if they are confident that he stays, it would be a nice trade.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

There are a bunch of rumors floating around out there on the 76ers. They're testing the market right now.

NuggOlesk
Senior Vice President

Post by NuggOlesk »

GreenBear wrote:There are a bunch of rumors floating around out there on the 76ers. They're testing the market right now.
Everyone can start a rumor and all teams test market, I said they have talked about it. They wanted Teague at last season trade deadline. Atlanta wants more than Noel.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Right, right. I forgot about your NBA insiders that tell you everything. My bad.