League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Ready to See the Lakers Get the Number One Pick Tonight?

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Re: Ready to See the Lakers Get the Number One Pick Tonight?

Post by Jestor »

Haven't kept up with the class at all, so I don't know if it's better if the Lakers lose their 1st this year or next.

CSL Lakers are definitely not favored by the lottery gods though :(

Mattybriand
CEO

Post by Mattybriand »

Jestor wrote:Haven't kept up with the class at all, so I don't know if it's better if the Lakers lose their 1st this year or next.

Top 2 have a chance to be special

Simmons is like rich mans Lamar odom in his prime
George DePaula|Damien Inglis|Draymond Green|Karl Anthony-Towns|Nikola Jokić

NuggOlesk
Senior Vice President

Post by NuggOlesk »

Jestor wrote:Haven't kept up with the class at all, so I don't know if it's better if the Lakers lose their 1st this year or next.

This year is probable a stronger class than next one. 1-2 superstars, 4-5 all-stars for sure. I think this year is a good class, really underhyped. Or maybe just everybody talking all Simmons, others don't get coverage :)

StOfTheStep
Senior Vice President

Post by StOfTheStep »

NuggOlesk wrote:
StOfTheStep wrote:
emplep7 wrote:Not to mention that its done behind the scenes instead of live like every other lottery drawing in the world.
At least if it were done on live tv, I could laugh at how obvious the rig is.
It is available in youtube, have never seen a rig. Have watched all lotterys starting 2004. Even the I don't know how long ping pong selection.
Take a look at the youtube video I linked in the original post in this thread. At the 6 second mark, the guy who puts the envelopes into the randomizer fumbles the fourth envelope and throws it into the wall of the sphere and bends the corner of the card. When Stern sticks his hand into pull the envelope out, you can see the bent corner at the 44 second mark of the video and obviously that is the one that he picks. The rest is history.

They don't even show the ping pong ball selection any more, so who knows if they actually make the lottery random. For all we know, they just pick whoever they feel like giving the picks too.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

NuggOlesk wrote: They have made good moves as of late, but still you can not give them a present for all the shit.
I like them in general, but they must taste their own medicine first. Owners are the same.

At least LAL didn't raise their hands and say we suck, butt fuck as all. And all those Kobe minutes, Kobe didn't tank.
There is always tank, but there is a line, what PHI happy run over to the far far end of tank-land.
Of course Kobe himself didn't tank, but what are you implying exactly? That the 76ers players tanked? I assure you that the players just suck, and they weren't tanking themselves. Now 76ers management was tanking for sure, but like Jon said, if you don't think the Lakers management was tanking as well, then you're fooling yourself. Lakers management was more than happy to give Kobe as many minutes as he wanted because he was one of the worst players in the entire league this year. He was quite possibly the very worst, when you account for the fact that he refused to stop shooting, even when he was having an especially awful shooting night. He shot his team out of countless games. So he hurt his team more than your typical bad player.

The only difference between the 76ers and Lakers is that the Lakers had a convenient excuse to tank, under the veil of Kobe's going away party.

If you're anti-tanking, then you're anti-tanking. If you're fine with tanking, then you're fine with tanking. But I don't want to hear any of this "well both teams tanked, but the Lakers were more deceptive about it, so they should be rewarded while the 76ers should be punished" bull crap. Basically that is saying that you're okay with tanking as long as they don't admit it publicly, which tells me that you would rather live as an ignorant sheep than see the truth and address it head-on. I for one think there's already enough bull crap in the world, and I find it refreshing to not have my intelligence insulted for once.

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Doug summarized everything perfect here.
Tanking is part of the game no matter if you like it or not. Deliberating reducing players' court time, playing veterans who does not belong to the league anymore or young players who are very raw.. Trading all stars for picks in order to make your pick better as well. It happens all the time under different circumstances, the only difference is that nobody openly admits, and the Sixers did it. They showed the world pretty clear "we gonna suck the following 3-5 seasons and dominate the rest of the way".
LA never had the courage to do so but they tanked with Kobe. It was just a ridiculous season by them if not for Bryant's retirement.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

NuggOlesk
Senior Vice President

Post by NuggOlesk »

StOfTheStep wrote:
NuggOlesk wrote:
StOfTheStep wrote:
At least if it were done on live tv, I could laugh at how obvious the rig is.
It is available in youtube, have never seen a rig. Have watched all lotterys starting 2004. Even the I don't know how long ping pong selection.
Take a look at the youtube video I linked in the original post in this thread. At the 6 second mark, the guy who puts the envelopes into the randomizer fumbles the fourth envelope and throws it into the wall of the sphere and bends the corner of the card. When Stern sticks his hand into pull the envelope out, you can see the bent corner at the 44 second mark of the video and obviously that is the one that he picks. The rest is history.

They don't even show the ping pong ball selection any more, so who knows if they actually make the lottery random. For all we know, they just pick whoever they feel like giving the picks too.

They show the ping bong videos, just not live. But media and members of other teams are there, so then the all NBA is rigged :lol: :lol: :lol:

That shitty video :lol: All envelopes are banged in there so others can get bent, and it doesn't show that others don't have bent corner. All world is rigged :lol:

NuggOlesk
Senior Vice President

Post by NuggOlesk »

GreenBear wrote:
NuggOlesk wrote: They have made good moves as of late, but still you can not give them a present for all the shit.
I like them in general, but they must taste their own medicine first. Owners are the same.

At least LAL didn't raise their hands and say we suck, butt fuck as all. And all those Kobe minutes, Kobe didn't tank.
There is always tank, but there is a line, what PHI happy run over to the far far end of tank-land.
Of course Kobe himself didn't tank, but what are you implying exactly? That the 76ers players tanked? I assure you that the players just suck, and they weren't tanking themselves. Now 76ers management was tanking for sure, but like Jon said, if you don't think the Lakers management was tanking as well, then you're fooling yourself. Lakers management was more than happy to give Kobe as many minutes as he wanted because he was one of the worst players in the entire league this year. He was quite possibly the very worst, when you account for the fact that he refused to stop shooting, even when he was having an especially awful shooting night. He shot his team out of countless games. So he hurt his team more than your typical bad player.

The only difference between the 76ers and Lakers is that the Lakers had a convenient excuse to tank, under the veil of Kobe's going away party.

If you're anti-tanking, then you're anti-tanking. If you're fine with tanking, then you're fine with tanking. But I don't want to hear any of this "well both teams tanked, but the Lakers were more deceptive about it, so they should be rewarded while the 76ers should be punished" bull crap. Basically that is saying that you're okay with tanking as long as they don't admit it publicly, which tells me that you would rather live as an ignorant sheep than see the truth and address it head-on. I for one think there's already enough bull crap in the world, and I find it refreshing to not have my intelligence insulted for once.
You just don't understand, Black is black and white is white. Grow up :lol:

NuggOlesk
Senior Vice President

Post by NuggOlesk »

Marcos_Beck wrote:Doug summarized everything perfect here.
Tanking is part of the game no matter if you like it or not. Deliberating reducing players' court time, playing veterans who does not belong to the league anymore or young players who are very raw.. Trading all stars for picks in order to make your pick better as well. It happens all the time under different circumstances, the only difference is that nobody openly admits, and the Sixers did it. They showed the world pretty clear "we gonna suck the following 3-5 seasons and dominate the rest of the way".
LA never had the courage to do so but they tanked with Kobe. It was just a ridiculous season by them if not for Bryant's retirement.

76ers just gave players way and gave shitty players playing time. Lakers at least played NBA players, players who have won before.

NuggOlesk
Senior Vice President

Post by NuggOlesk »

If your standards think what 76ers does is all right, then I really don't care any of your values :D
I really don't care you changing your mind, if you like what 76ers do, so think what you want. I don't care enough to write a long text.
Everything is rigged anyway, why bother :lol:

RiotPunch
General Manager

Post by RiotPunch »

ALL OF THE GOOD KARMA FOR MY BUCKS
Kyle Lowry || Bradley Beal || Andrew Wiggins || Derrick Favors || Festus Ezeli
2018-19 Record: 40-42
2017-18 GM of the Year

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

As long as the lakers fall to 4 i dont care what happens. As then the magic will either have the lakers 2018 or 2019 first. 40% chance of that happening.
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Dikembe mutombo just tweeted a congrats to the sixers for getting the top pick in the lottery and then deleted it. He's an NBA ambassador and am guessing he has connections so it sounds like it's wrapped with a bow on it.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

NuggOlesk wrote:
GreenBear wrote:

You just don't understand, Black is black and white is white. Grow up :lol:
What a rebuttal

RiotPunch
General Manager

Post by RiotPunch »

OneNole wrote:As long as the lakers fall to 4 i dont care what happens. As then the magic will either have the lakers 2018 or 2019 first. 40% chance of that happening.
If the Lakers drop to 4, I might kill myself because the Bucks could have had that pick but instead opted for Michael Carter-f*cking-Williams.
Kyle Lowry || Bradley Beal || Andrew Wiggins || Derrick Favors || Festus Ezeli
2018-19 Record: 40-42
2017-18 GM of the Year

lakeshowak7
CEO

Post by lakeshowak7 »

OneNole wrote:As long as the lakers fall to 4 i dont care what happens. As then the magic will either have the lakers 2018 or 2019 first. 40% chance of that happening.
By the time the Lakers convey a 1st to you (if they even do), they will be playoff participants again.

Rob
Senior Vice President

Post by Rob »

Glad 6ers won. I hope they take Ingram over Simmons.

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

Bryan Collangelo is a lucky guy

last job he started with #1/Bosh/Cap space
this time #1/bunch of prospects/Cap space

8timechamp
Senior Vice President

Post by 8timechamp »

Laker fan here. I am more than happy with the #2 pick.

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

"With the 11th pick in the 2016 draft, the Orlando selects:
Thon Maker

If I were GM irl at least. He'll be the best player when it's all said and done in this draft.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams