League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Do you trust the process?

Rob
Senior Vice President

Re: Do you trust the process?

Post by Rob »

Hinkie had the right idea to build a team but his drafting was terrible. Although it was not a strong draft class, choosing Embiid was very very risky due to the fact that Embiid was injured. Jump to today and he is still injured, this pick is looking bad. Also, choosing Saric who will not come to the States for a couple of years also makes them look like crap. In the past few drafts, they chose Noel, Embiid, Okafor, and Saric... All of the same positions. I understand these guys can be traded but no one wants to touch Embiid right now. Saric is an unknown atm. Noel is solid and Okafor is solid. However, Okafor's game is not what the NBA is playing right now. Hinkie's strategy is a good strategy for a rebuilding team. However, the 76ers had no luck with the ping pong balls and throw on top of that the drafting of players in the same positions makes his plan look like shit

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

In regards to Embiid, I would love if Ainge got on the phone right now and offered one of our two non-Brooklyn first rounders for him this year.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

Rob
Senior Vice President

Post by Rob »

Rizzo wrote:In regards to Embiid, I would love if Ainge got on the phone right now and offered one of our two non-Brooklyn first rounders for him this year.
That could be either the steal of the next decade or onenof the worst trade in a while haha. I doubt 76ers give him up for a pick tho.

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Rob wrote:
Rizzo wrote:In regards to Embiid, I would love if Ainge got on the phone right now and offered one of our two non-Brooklyn first rounders for him this year.
That could be either the steal of the next decade or onenof the worst trade in a while haha. I doubt 76ers give him up for a pick tho.
With the Celtics having so many first round picks it would be so worth the risk for us.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

I did not yet get a chance to read the details behind his resignation.

But at least very excited that this turned into one of the most popular threads ever :)
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

andrei wrote:I did not yet get a chance to read the details behind his resignation.

But at least very excited that this turned into one of the most popular threads ever :)
Haha seriously, you started quite the thread.

Essentially, the Sixers ownership didn't have the balls to actually fire him. Instead they were cowards and just kept bringing more people in (Bryan Colangelo was about to be hired regardless of what Hinkie did) to undermine him and get him to resign, which worked.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Rob wrote:Hinkie had the right idea to build a team but his drafting was terrible. Although it was not a strong draft class, choosing Embiid was very very risky due to the fact that Embiid was injured. Jump to today and he is still injured, this pick is looking bad. Also, choosing Saric who will not come to the States for a couple of years also makes them look like crap. In the past few drafts, they chose Noel, Embiid, Okafor, and Saric... All of the same positions. I understand these guys can be traded but no one wants to touch Embiid right now. Saric is an unknown atm. Noel is solid and Okafor is solid. However, Okafor's game is not what the NBA is playing right now. Hinkie's strategy is a good strategy for a rebuilding team. However, the 76ers had no luck with the ping pong balls and throw on top of that the drafting of players in the same positions makes his plan look like shit
Again, WAY too early to rule Embiid as a bust. I'm surprised you've done that, considering you're a Warriors fan. Have you forgotten about Curry's story? The guy was written off for dead by most of the league in his 3rd season because of recurring ankle issues. ESPN had a huge article about it earlier in the year. Even Curry thought his career might be over before it ever took off.

Saric is expected to come over this summer. He was the 12th pick in the '14 draft, but he had the talent to be a top 3 pick. The only reason he dropped was because teams knew he was staying overseas for a few seasons. It was a great investment by a team that knew they weren't going to compete for a few years anyway.

The sixers have the best odds to get Simmons or Ingram (they get not only their own ping pong balls, but also the Kings' thanks to a great move by Hinkie). They also have a 44.2% chance of getting the 4th or 5th pick this year from the Lakers (thanks to another great move by Hinkie).

I've already addressed Okafor's play considering who he's playing with (if you think he's only solid, then you don't watch him play) and how easy it is to trade players in the NBA. Again though, I'd like to hear who the sixers should have drafted instead. And if the sixers had tried to put out a mediocre product, what would they have gained exactly? Besides worse picks and players.

NuggOlesk
Senior Vice President

Post by NuggOlesk »

GreenBear wrote:Essentially, the Sixers ownership didn't have the balls to actually fire him. Instead they were cowards and just kept bringing more people in (Bryan Colangelo was about to be hired regardless of what Hinkie did) to undermine him and get him to resign, which worked.
I agree with that! :D