League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Free agency idea

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Re: Free agency idea

Post by hardenwithnod »

Unless you're Kawhi's uncle, then you keep the Spurs in the dark.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

No, I haven't done extensive testing, but the randomized file randomizes the ratings (not things like loyalty, etc. etc.). I don't even know if those things are in the database. Also, I'm going based off the comments I've heard and seen. If you go back and look at the FA results threads, you'll see some interesting comments that predict some signings. I'm not going to get into specifics, but I do believe they match up in respects to free agency.

And yes, it appears to be available to everyone (with a file and knows about it, which isn't everyone based on some of the comments in this thread). It's not my intention to shame those that used it or whatever, since many people know about it and do it, and not using that probably puts your team at a disadvantage. I'm just saying that the fact we can do that completely ruins free agency for me personally (for a variety of reasons). That's just my opinion and I get that others will have differing opinions.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Same opinion here.

I hope we can make the step to a newer engine on some point, because I think that's the only way to prevent that.
It's just a really ugly bug. Until then we probably just have to live with it.