League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

RFA Clarification (for FA)

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

RFA Clarification (for FA)

Post by Myles »

Just a quick clarification on the rule when it comes to offering contracts to RFAs:

All contracts must have at least two guaranteed years for RFAs. If a team signs an RFA to a 1 year deal, it will be amended in the database to a two year deal at the same per-year salary, regardless of whether the mother team matches or not. Keep this in mind when offering contracts to RFAs.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Re: RFA Clarification (for FA)

Post by Andrewu91 »

Will the new CBA be available for free agency, or should we still refer to the current one?
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

Current one. There won't be many changes made to the CBA and most of the ones that will be changed are procedural (how coaching/FAs are handled in-season). The two changes that would affect teams and needed to be announced ahead of time were the hard cap and the RFA policy.

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

There will be a new CBA introduced by the start of the season, but all of the changes still to come will be minor changes.

HiGrade
General Manager

Post by HiGrade »

Ok...I'm assuming it hasn't been posted yet because I don't see any FA threads, but trades will be entered prior to the start of bidding for Day 1?
In need of a home

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

HiGrade wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:57 pm Ok...I'm assuming it hasn't been posted yet because I don't see any FA threads, but trades will be entered prior to the start of bidding for Day 1?
Currently posted and confirmed trades, yeah. They split the sim in two parts because of how much work each half involves (contract decisions and trades respectively).

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

^Correct. Not sure yet when the second half will be done but yes, trades will be entered and then FA will begin