League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Stupid Questions Thread

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Re: Stupid Questions Thread

Post by emplep7 »

KW wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:02 pm Can we get some clarification on how 2-way contracts work here?

In-game, it appears that you can sign any player to a 2-way contract if they have 4 or less years of experience and that they do not count towards your cap. Is that all correct, and do we know how many days they are allowed to play with the big club before it runs out? I know in the NBA it's 45 days, but I don't see any information about it in-game
We're looking into this now. There was apparently a bug with two-way contracts, but Myles said he thinks it has been fixed but there is not a lot of information about some of these newer features on Wolverine unfortunately so we're trying to figure it out on our own.

Ramcus
CEO

Post by Ramcus »

Is there a guide/tier list/something of the sort for the weight of players? I know it's dependent on position/playstyle, but what are the good weights and for what reason?
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Ramcus wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:52 pm Is there a guide/tier list/something of the sort for the weight of players? I know it's dependent on position/playstyle, but what are the good weights and for what reason?
I'm not sure how this has changed from DDS3 to DDS19, but the general rule of thumb was that the lower the weight, the more they will be able to stop drives (good for guards). The higher the weight, the lower the PA/SF will be (good for big men).

Now with that said, there are limits to how low a weight can be to play a certain position. You can't have a 175lb SF through C because that is unrealistic and have rejected positional changes during TC for this reason. For a while, we discussed having a low end for each position so that GMs were aware of this during the Weight Loss portion of TC since some guards we're trimming down quite a bit over the course of a few seasons.

We are not sure how this impacts the current engine, although I'm sure I could name a couple GMs here who have probably tested it.

Rouse
General Manager

Post by Rouse »

I got a player injured and he's day-to-day with 2 days remaining. Can you play them and if so is there a chance they'll get worse?

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Rouse wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:31 pm I got a player injured and he's day-to-day with 2 days remaining. Can you play them and if so is there a chance they'll get worse?
KAT simply didn't play when I attempted to play him with a status "PROB 2 days"

It looks like it's similar to PF20 where it's just a tossup if they play or not.

Don't know if there's a chance of injury aggravation but I tend to play it safe and hold them out

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

I do it similar, since you never know if the AI is letting them play anyway, its better to be save he is not aggravating it.