League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Dds22 discussion

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Dds22 discussion

Post by Stockton12 »

Is it just me or does this game feel off ??

Utah had lost so many games by under 10 points and our three point shooting is the worst ever . Sure we lack them but with only losing josh green in the off season we shouldnt be this bad .( I think the 3 point shooting bug is every team not just us )

Am I running something wrong ? I just don’t feel it’s enjoyable right now

cb4raptorscb4
Commissioner

Re: Dds22 discussion

Post by cb4raptorscb4 »

2.9 3pm a game on 9 attempts and your team is shooting 43%. Basically you guys are shooting bad, like really bad, from 2 pt range, and it's mainly your non top 3 guys. Hopefully it's just a funk, but it seems like a pretty inefficient team offensively.

For comparison, the Kings also barely make any 3s but they shoot closer to 47% and are better defensively, and even then are playing just .500.
Golden State Warriors
Kris Dunn | PJ Dozier | Ding Yanyuhang | Kevon Looney | Chimezie Metu
Devonte Graham | Nimrod Levi | Tariq Owens | Johnny Hamilton
'23: 34-48 (5-8 as GM)
'24: 40-42, 1st Round Exit
'25: 50-32, Championship Round Loss (4-3)
'26: 48-34, 1st Round Exit
'27: 44-38, Missed Playoffs
'28: 39-43, 1st Round Exit
'29: 57-25, Championship Round Loss (4-2)
'30: 48-34, Conference Finals Loss (4-1)

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

I thought the same thing until lord Silo showed me *some* of his winning ways
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Yeah my biggest problem is rebounding. I get outrebounded almost every game despite me having a better rebounding guys this season than in the past seasons.

It’s ridiculous at how many offensive rebounds we give up despite running man to man defense, max d rebounding and slow pace.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

hardenwithnod wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:03 am Yeah my biggest problem is rebounding. I get outrebounded almost every game despite me having a better rebounding guys this season than in the past seasons.

It’s ridiculous at how many offensive rebounds we give up despite running man to man defense, max d rebounding and slow pace.
Looking at your starting lineup, you mostly don't have defensive players. The max I see is 75 defense. How high is your defensive intensity in the game?

Also, TS and Usage is a huge factor in this engine.

I'm still learning myself too
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Andrewu91 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:09 am
hardenwithnod wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:03 am Yeah my biggest problem is rebounding. I get outrebounded almost every game despite me having a better rebounding guys this season than in the past seasons.

Looking at your starting lineup, you mostly don't have defensive players. The max I see is 75 defense. How high is your defensive intensity in the game?

Also, TS and Usage is a huge factor in this engine.

I'm still learning myself too
I run high intensity defense, but right now I’m not worried about our defense. We are simply losing a lot of rebounding battles, we give up 20+ offensive rebounds a game a lot lol. Our defense has actually done solid but we will lose to teams despite us limiting them to like 42% shooting because we give up a ton of rebounds to them.

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

The good thing about this engine is it takes a lot of trial and error, so it should open up the trade market.

Who knew trae young would make 2 teams worse, or that losing simmons wouldnt hurt the heat, or a role player like josh green would destroy the jazz while making the mavs legit contenders.

The posibility to improve is there, andrew and i have been working since FA to fix the knicks, and it all seems to be coming together now.

The key is to build around your identity. The knicks had a guy who took his teammates out of the game and missed a lot of shots. So ligically bringing in a real PG, Offensive rebounders, and increase Lukas pass should improve the team.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Silogical wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:54 pm The good thing about this engine is it takes a lot of trial and error, so it should open up the trade market.

Who knew trae young would make 2 teams worse, or that losing simmons wouldnt hurt the heat, or a role player like josh green would destroy the jazz while making the mavs legit contenders.

The posibility to improve is there, andrew and i have been working since FA to fix the knicks, and it all seems to be coming together now.

The key is to build around your identity. The knicks had a guy who took his teammates out of the game and missed a lot of shots. So ligically bringing in a real PG, Offensive rebounders, and increase Lukas pass should improve the team.
Yeah, I do wonder about that. Maybe in the past you can get away with mixing your team up often when you feel like it’s not working. In this new engine I feel like keeping your team kind of the same and have more consistency might be the way to go.

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

No IMO its better to mix up your team now than in the past. If you're not an elite team, doing nothing will give you consistency, but i dont think anyone wants to be consistantly bad.

Little moves can make big differences and moving elite players might help more than hurt. That;s why i say it could help the trade market. It does seem like trades are up.