League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

DDS19 Stupid Questions Thread

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Re: DDS19 Stupid Questions Thread

Post by mgtr81 »

Sharkn20 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:13 pm
Flaming Homer wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 7:01 pm After watching a game in 2D mode I would confirm was Myles said.
First in order has the coverage, if he sits the second defender takes over.
No double team.
IS it any way to see the games in 2D, the CSL I mean
That was possible in the early versions of the game, which was a great feature.
ImageImageImageImageImage

cb4raptorscb4
Commissioner

Post by cb4raptorscb4 »

How do the injuries work? I've been assuming since it says 'Out' that the player wouldn't play. But now after a while, Dozier and Metu both have 1 day injuries left but it says 'Out' beside their name. Would they play if I put them in the DC?
Golden State Warriors
Kris Dunn | PJ Dozier | Ding Yanyuhang | Kevon Looney | Chimezie Metu
Devonte Graham | Nimrod Levi | Tariq Owens | Johnny Hamilton
'23: 34-48 (5-8 as GM)
'24: 40-42, 1st Round Exit
'25: 50-32, Championship Round Loss (4-3)
'26: 48-34, 1st Round Exit
'27: 44-38, Missed Playoffs
'28: 39-43, 1st Round Exit
'29: 57-25, Championship Round Loss (4-2)
'30: 48-34, Conference Finals Loss (4-1)

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

Here's what Gary wrote in the update on the new injury system:

"New Injury System

The old system of players having an injury % has been removed for a more modern day take on injuries. Players are either healthy, probable or listed as out for a number of days. The AI will act more more conservatively as in real life resting players who have injuries for meaningless regular season games but being more willing to use them if possible in the playoffs. Player ability while injured is also changed now so you will have to weigh the risk and reward of playing a “probable” player – is it worth risking a bad performance or prolonging a sickness if a player is not feeling well with the flu? Is a sore back worth missing a game or two versus having it linger with sub-optimal performances for two weeks? You’ll have to make the call."

Sounds to me like if they are "Out" then they won't play, no matter what, and if they are "probable" then they could play, but may not depending on their subout or something like that.

cb4raptorscb4
Commissioner

Post by cb4raptorscb4 »

Thanks Myles! Seems like they'll have to miss one more game ☹️
Golden State Warriors
Kris Dunn | PJ Dozier | Ding Yanyuhang | Kevon Looney | Chimezie Metu
Devonte Graham | Nimrod Levi | Tariq Owens | Johnny Hamilton
'23: 34-48 (5-8 as GM)
'24: 40-42, 1st Round Exit
'25: 50-32, Championship Round Loss (4-3)
'26: 48-34, 1st Round Exit
'27: 44-38, Missed Playoffs
'28: 39-43, 1st Round Exit
'29: 57-25, Championship Round Loss (4-2)
'30: 48-34, Conference Finals Loss (4-1)

Sharkn20
Senior Vice President

Post by Sharkn20 »

Where can I find the manual of this game?

It would be heloful to know a bit more detail of how strategies work.

Looks like Perimeter focus makes your players play a 4-1 formation.

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Sharkn20 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 1:26 am Where can I find the manual of this game?

I would love to be able to provide you one, but that is typically outside of what Gary has provided in the past unfortunately. The best "manuals" we have are the people who have played the game the most and can lean on their experience so someone here might be able to provide you some insight.

Sharkn20
Senior Vice President

Post by Sharkn20 »

emplep7 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 1:56 pm
Sharkn20 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 1:26 am Where can I find the manual of this game?

I would love to be able to provide you one, but that is typically outside of what Gary has provided in the past unfortunately. The best "manuals" we have are the people who have played the game the most and can lean on their experience so someone here might be able to provide you some insight.
Thanks man, at least you would give me one if it existed :)

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

There must be a Help button in-game that will take you to an online manual. How helpful that is I’m not exactly sure but it could be worth a quick read.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

Sharkn20
Senior Vice President

Post by Sharkn20 »

I thought Drive & Pass couldn't be below 3, unless Drive & shoot is also 0, if we have a look at Ben Simmons his Drive & Pass is 1 and his Drive & Shoot is 12.

Also how are we going to drop both to 0 at the same time, through instructions? Is it possible?

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Sharkn20 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 4:50 pm I thought Drive & Pass couldn't be below 3, unless Drive & shoot is also 0, if we have a look at Ben Simmons his Drive & Pass is 1 and his Drive & Shoot is 12.

Also how are we going to drop both to 0 at the same time, through instructions? Is it possible?
pretty sure Drive and Pass has to be above zero if Drive and Kick is above zero. Not sure where 3 is coming from

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

Sharkn20 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 4:50 pm I thought Drive & Pass couldn't be below 3, unless Drive & shoot is also 0, if we have a look at Ben Simmons his Drive & Pass is 1 and his Drive & Shoot is 12.

The rule states:

4. Drive/Kick cannot drop to 0 unless Drive/Shoot is also dropping to 0, or is already at 0.

So Drive/Kick can be as low as 1 but cannot go lower unless Drive/Shot is already at 0.

So you would drop Drive/Shot to 0 one week, then the next week drop Drive/Kick to 0.

Sharkn20
Senior Vice President

Post by Sharkn20 »

Myles wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 9:08 pm

The rule states:

4. Drive/Kick cannot drop to 0 unless Drive/Shoot is also dropping to 0, or is already at 0.

So Drive/Kick can be as low as 1 but cannot go lower unless Drive/Shot is already at 0.

So you would drop Drive/Shot to 0 one week, then the next week drop Drive/Kick to 0.
Ok all clear, thanks @Myles

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Is there a link to the defensive sets for dds19? Thx

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

emplep7

Post by emplep7 »

WillyJakkz wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 3:54 pm Is there a link to the defensive sets for dds19? Thx
I'm sure there is, but I'll just put them here:

STRAIGHT - Basic M2M defense with no adjustments
SWITCH - Pick and Rolls will be switched nullifying the pick and roll while possibly leaving a poor matchup
ATTACK - Defenders will attack the perimeter helping to reduce three point attempts and allowing for more drives to your interior defense
PASSIVE - Defenders will protect the paint area more by sagging off defenders. This will reduce drives and post passes but allow more outside shot.

On top of this, you still have the same sliders available as before: PACE, FCP, DI, ZONE Offensive Rebounding, Defensive Rebounding, etc, but depending on your defensive set it will ignore some of those sliders in favor of that set (i.e. if you play PASSIVE and your zone is set to 1 it will ignore that and still zone hard).

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

emplep7 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 4:28 pm
WillyJakkz wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 3:54 pm Is there a link to the defensive sets for dds19? Thx
I'm sure there is, but I'll just put them here:

STRAIGHT - Basic M2M defense with no adjustments
SWITCH - Pick and Rolls will be switched nullifying the pick and roll while possibly leaving a poor matchup
ATTACK - Defenders will attack the perimeter helping to reduce three point attempts and allowing for more drives to your interior defense
PASSIVE - Defenders will protect the paint area more by sagging off defenders. This will reduce drives and post passes but allow more outside shot.

On top of this, you still have the same sliders available as before: PACE, FCP, DI, ZONE Offensive Rebounding, Defensive Rebounding, etc, but depending on your defensive set it will ignore some of those sliders in favor of that set (i.e. if you play PASSIVE and your zone is set to 1 it will ignore that and still zone hard).
Ok thank you for posting

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

Sharkn20
Senior Vice President

Post by Sharkn20 »

Do the Rookies develop better in the Developmental League or playing 12 - 16 minutes in the CSL?

I'm thinking between sending Carter down to play as a starter, and get Hield as a back-up PG or keep him up and continue playing him as a back up.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

No idea for DDS19 yet to be honest. In DDS3 it didnt have an impact, so I assume it didnt change. We know gary, lol.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Sharkn20
Senior Vice President

Post by Sharkn20 »

Dennis wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:27 pm No idea for DDS19 yet to be honest. In DDS3 it didnt have an impact, so I assume it didnt change. We know gary, lol.
hahaha

emplep7

Post by emplep7 »

To be honest, in DDS3 we had players develop who were sitting in the FA pool all year. Some of those rookies who ere undrafted also received +10 boosts even while rotting in FA as well so I think there is a hidden random factor applied to certain players as they come into the league and I wouldn't be surprised if that still exists in this version as well.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

emplep7 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:25 pm To be honest, in DDS3 we had players develop who were sitting in the FA pool all year. Some of those rookies who ere undrafted also received +10 boosts even while rotting in FA as well so I think there is a hidden random factor applied to certain players as they come into the league and I wouldn't be surprised if that still exists in this version as well.
Interesting, never noticed that actually. Always thought a player needed to be on a team to develop