League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

DDS19 Stupid Questions Thread

Sharkn20
Senior Vice President

Re: DDS19 Stupid Questions Thread

Post by Sharkn20 »

Do you think the game calculates the drives and points allowed correctly in the defensive side??

I mean, I barely face 7 or 8 drives per game if I follow the numbers of this... And Middleton / Green are among the worst defenders in the team in drives allowed % and points per shot allowed. Am I reading it wrongly?

So what's the point of defense? Or are the numbers skewed because I'm mostly playing zone?

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Sharkn20 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:08 pm Do you think the game calculates the drives and points allowed correctly in the defensive side??

I mean, I barely face 7 or 8 drives per game if I follow the numbers of this... And Middleton / Green are among the worst defenders in the team in drives allowed % and points per shot allowed. Am I reading it wrongly?

So what's the point of defense? Or are the numbers skewed because I'm mostly playing zone?
your team basically isn't allowing drives. your defense sags off so much that nobody is driving on you. as a result your individual players' DriveStop numbers are so small that there's basically nothing you can take away from them. A sample size of 10 drives isn't enough to start looking at STP%.

Sharkn20
Senior Vice President

Post by Sharkn20 »

KW wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:12 pm
Sharkn20 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:08 pm Do you think the game calculates the drives and points allowed correctly in the defensive side??

your team basically isn't allowing drives. your defense sags off so much that nobody is driving on you. as a result your individual players' DriveStop numbers are so small that there's basically nothing you can take away from them. A sample size of 10 drives isn't enough to start looking at STP%.
Yeah we just put the red carpet on the floor so they can enjoy playong against us!

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

Plus I don't know if it's still the same in this game but historically in all the Wolverine games, PA/SF was always lower for guards and favoured shot blocking. I assume because a steal or forcing a turnover or bad pass isn't considered a shot taken where as a blocked shot is.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

Why did simmons need 2 instructions to get back to normal, where the other similar bigmen didnt need any?

Simmons MID 12 and COR 4
Randle MID 3
Griffin MID 2
AD MID 8
Nurkic MID 4
Young MID 5
Noel MID 5
Dieng MID 2

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Silogical wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:29 pm Why did simmons need 2 instructions to get back to normal, where the other similar bigmen didnt need any?

Simmons MID 12 and COR 4
Randle MID 3
Griffin MID 2
AD MID 8
Nurkic MID 4
Young MID 5
Noel MID 5
Dieng MID 2
What do you mean "get back to normal"?

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

emplep7 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:18 pm
Silogical wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:29 pm Why did simmons need 2 instructions to get back to normal, where the other similar bigmen didnt need any?

Simmons MID 12 and COR 4
Randle MID 3
Griffin MID 2
AD MID 8
Nurkic MID 4
Young MID 5
Noel MID 5
Dieng MID 2
What do you mean "get back to normal"?
All those players were high 90's Post(floor position) so back to normal would be high 90's Post. I think those are all the rostered high 90's post players, so it has to be an error that Simmons is the odd duck.

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

I would need to look into what he was listed at in DDS3 and the conversion for players who can play multiple positions. The Ball Actions drove some changes during the conversion to the Floor Ranges since guards who were instructed to play 100% ITP put up a lot less points/assists totals so we had to adjust them slightly to their Ball Actions in order to get them close to their usage numbers from DDS3. My initial guess is this conversion rate was used for Simmons since we wanted him to maintain his positional flexibility.

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

emple[list wrote:[/list]p7 post_id=124807 time=1591798176 user_id=72]
I would need to look into what he was listed at in DDS3 and the conversion for players who can play multiple positions. The Ball Actions drove some changes during the conversion to the Floor Ranges since guards who were instructed to play 100% ITP put up a lot less points/assists totals so we had to adjust them slightly to their Ball Actions in order to get them close to their usage numbers from DDS3. My initial guess is this conversion rate was used for Simmons since we wanted him to maintain his positional flexibility.
He's played PF/C for 4 seasons and probably hasnt stepped foot in the corner in DDS3. Role players camp the corner Simmons passes it to them from the post. 6"10" 240 lbs you dont put that size outside of the paint. in DDS he is 97 POST 3 MIDRANGE.

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

Is there anyone that would be able to send me a screen shot of Bertans, Bell, and Ntilikina advanced stats and balll actions/floor locations? Thank you!
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

wms02a wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:47 pm Is there anyone that would be able to send me a screen shot of Bertans, Bell, and Ntilikina advanced stats and balll actions/floor locations? Thank you!
i'lll send them over shortly

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

KW wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:31 pm
wms02a wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:47 pm Is there anyone that would be able to send me a screen shot of Bertans, Bell, and Ntilikina advanced stats and balll actions/floor locations? Thank you!
i'lll send them over shortly
THANK YOU!
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions

Rouse
General Manager

Post by Rouse »

Does anyone use player instructions?

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Yes, I’ve no idea what I’m doing though
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Ramcus
CEO

Post by Ramcus »

What do you mean by that?
Player instructions are the tendencies for players to do one thing or another. Everybody uses player instructions, and we can adjust them on our own on the Player Instructions page.
For example, Marcus Smart has his own set of Floor Ranges and Ball Actions. Player instructions enable us to adjust these tendencies, to a certain extent. The rules are on the 1st page of the Player Instructions forum.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Rouse wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:26 pm Does anyone use player instructions?
We do it differently than the game.

Go to this thread: https://www.championsimleague.com/viewt ... 25&t=10773

Just post your instructions and they get manually changed every Friday.

I've already used all but six of mine this year :(

Rouse
General Manager

Post by Rouse »

Ok I'll check it out. Thanks

Rouse
General Manager

Post by Rouse »

Every time I download the new file my defense is set on straight, even if I had it set to something else. Is this normal?

Last game vs New Orleans I had it sent to passive. I saved the game and closed, opened back up and still send passive so I exported.
Last edited by Rouse on Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rouse
General Manager

Post by Rouse »

Also, how accurate is the durability rating? Joe Ingles is out again and has only played 15 games, His durability rating is very high.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Rouse wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:04 pm Also, how accurate is the durability rating? Joe Ingles is out again and has only played 15 games, His durability rating is very high.
In DDS 3, we used to see a handful of players get injured over and over again, usually after one major injury (>30 days), even if their durability is pretty high. No idea what triggers it but it's some kind of major injury. Injuries can happen to anybody, but players with low durability (< 60 or so) are definitely much more likely to have more injuries, minor and major.

Since we converted to 19, those players who seemed to have some kind of hidden injury prone flag, won't have that any longer. But who knows if 19 does that- we probably won't know for a few seasons.

I wouldn't be too worried about Ingles- that kind of thing didn't happen to everyone who had a 30 day injury, just some of them. a 9 day injury like the one he has now, can happen to anybody.