League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

CSL Playoffs

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

CSL Playoffs

Post by WillyJakkz »

That Houston Denver matchup is my favorite matchup in the 1st rd so far.

Very interesting.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Re: CSL Playoffs

Post by Andrewu91 »

^lol

Your matchup with..

Anyway, SAS VS. SAC is the main matchup. I feel SAS is the underdog. Haha
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

My predictions:

(1) Boston def (8) Brooklyn - 4-0. Brooklyn will get Turner back before the playoffs begin, but there just isn't enough firepower here with Ayton and Giannis injured. Boston rolls through easily.

(2) Miami def (7) Cleveland - 4-1. This Cleveland team is honestly really zoneable, so Miami doesn't really need to adjust much. Cleveland takes a game in this series when guys like Spanoulis and McDermott get hot.

(3) Detroit def (6) Toronto - 4-1. I really like this TOR team if they were healthy, but Okafor and Qi are likely to miss this series which really puts a dent in their chances. DMC and MKG are the only non guards healthy enough to give it a go. I could see BI playing 48 min of Bledsoe/CJ/Crabbe/Carroll/MKG, which is insane defensively, but just doesn't have the offensive firepower to keep up. If SJJ decides to draw fouls all day, it's game over.

(4) Chicago def (5) Philly - 4-2. The late season injuries to Payne and Brown hurt, but playoff season the ball should belong to Jabari. However, this Bulls team is S.T.A.C.K.E.D. I think Marcos' experience prevails here but wouldn't rule out Parker going berserk and stealing it.

--

(1) Phoenix def (8) NOLA - 4-1. Phoenix is still a bulldozer, probably the only team in the league that can lock down this Pelicans offense. NOLA is really deficient defensively and that is going to keep them out of this series.

(7) Sacramento def (2) San Antonio - 4-3. This will be the best series of the first round. SAC didn't even try during the regular season, we all know who they still are. These are two of the top 5 teams in the league this year imo, and it's unfair to whoever loses this series that it happened in round 1.

(3) Houston def (6) Denver - 4-3. The Nuggets won all three meetings this season, but all were early in the season, before we had made trades for defense to match up effectively. Denver also loaded up on guard depth during the season so that should help them in this series, so I expect it to be real close.

(4) Portland def (5) Memphis - 4-2. I feel like now would be a good time to allow Kevin Durant to play, he's been a healthy scratch the last two months. That's kinda scary. I love the makeup of Memphis' offense, but I don't think they're prepared for whatever Cleasby's about to unleash with Curry/Smart/KD/Mirotic/Tavares

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

I think these are all pretty much on point. I think we might be able to steal a game against the Celtics because they have an off shooting night but other than that we are screwed.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Yeah SAS-SAC and HOU-DEN are great series for round 1. Very interesting.

In the east probably most interesting CHI-PHI. Let see if we see playoff-AD AND playoff-Parker, or if only one of them shows up.

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

anyone available to help with SAS Depth charts?
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

wms02a wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:26 pm anyone available to help with SAS Depth charts?
I can... *puts in only bench scrubs :lol:
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

bt wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:10 am
wms02a wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:26 pm anyone available to help with SAS Depth charts?
I can... *puts in only bench scrubs :lol:
Hahaha....
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

actually i can do it right now if you want, can't do it after tonight though

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

I really HOPE we can contain Parker.
Payne being out helps us as he would be the most suited player to stop AD from dominating inside.
Also, Horford x Birutis inside should be a very good old x young battle.

And Kawhi x Parker should decide the series IMO. If Kawhi can hold his own defensively and make Parker work some at the other end, we have a fairly good chance. If not, we can certainly try Crowder at Parker and see what happens.

This is gonna be really interesting! Good luck Philly!
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

hmm I predicted all the winners, and even got the right number of games in 5 of them :o

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

My predictions for the 2nd round:

(4) Chicago def (1) Boston - 4-2. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I'm pretty sure the Bulls have been the best team in the league since Marcos traded for AD. Fox is going to have his way with Milos in this series, but the rest of the Bulls will prevail.

(2) Miami def (3) Detroit - 4-3. Both very strong teams here, but hard to pick against the two-time defending eastern champs here. Ben Simmons dominates every defense that's been thrown at him. Nothing short of an extremely heavy zone is going to throw him off.

(1) Phoenix def (4) Portland - 4-3. This is going to be a chess match throughout. Portland may very well turn into an offensive juggernaut with KD and win this series, but of course Phoenix's endless war chest of defensive weapons could prevail. I picked Phoenix to win because we've barely seen KD play this year, but it's nearly a toss-up.

(3) Houston def (7) Sacramento - 4-3. I really have no idea what to run yet, I'm saving that for tomorrow. I just hope we don't fall into a 3-1 hole again. My heart can't take that.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Bulls the favs no doubt. But according to your writeup you had Philly with better chances than us :P
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

cb4raptorscb4
Commissioner

Post by cb4raptorscb4 »

KW wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:34 am hmm I predicted all the winners, and even got the right number of games in 5 of them :o
That's impressive my man. Way better than I normally do in real-life NBA brackets :lol:
Golden State Warriors
Kris Dunn | PJ Dozier | Ding Yanyuhang | Kevon Looney | Chimezie Metu
Devonte Graham | Nimrod Levi | Tariq Owens | Johnny Hamilton
'23: 34-48 (5-8 as GM)
'24: 40-42, 1st Round Exit
'25: 50-32, Championship Round Loss (4-3)
'26: 48-34, 1st Round Exit
'27: 44-38, Missed Playoffs
'28: 39-43, 1st Round Exit
'29: 57-25, Championship Round Loss (4-2)
'30: 48-34, Conference Finals Loss (4-1)

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

You were way off on us. Maybe you didn't realize we've been eating zones up all season and I know what I'm doing :)

I think your assessment on how to guard Miami is a bit off as well. I didn't zone them the entire series.

Chicago should get this. When you trade the best player in the league for a guy who gets held to 4 shots in playoff games you have to win.
Cleveland Cavaliers

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Dennis wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:38 am Bulls the favs no doubt. But according to your writeup you had Philly with better chances than us :P
No sir, you have the best regular season record and HCA. I'm no favorite here.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns