League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

DDS19 Transition

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Re: DDS19 Transition

Post by WillyJakkz »

Andrewu91 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:21 am
WillyJakkz wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:16 am Thoughts on expediting the transition?

This League is getting stiff it seems, activity low, I traded Paul George and DeMarcus Cousins last time this happened to liven it up which made Exum get traded because the GM didn't wanna be outdone.

Rigor mortis will soon set in....
Contending teams are happy and rebuilding teams are also. The middle teams are having a hard time finding trade partners because they don't want to lose value, in a trade.
Eh not just that.

No articles. Nada...zero zilch and the dual account guys that don't post etc on their main account obviously affects their secondary account.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton |
PF W Kessler | C M Williams

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

You keep saying that? Just come out with it. Who has multiple accounts?

And actually there's been quite a few articles this season compared to last. Just not a lot of trade activity. There's no rookie GMs like the Pacers last season making a trade every 2 or 3 days. We've got new teams winning and a lot of new rookies GMs are happy with so far.
Cleveland Cavaliers

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

WillyJakkz wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:16 am Thoughts on expediting the transition?
This can't be expedited right now due to the amount of work that needs to be done to convert our current league to the new DDS19 ratings.
WillyJakkz wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:25 amNo articles. Nada...zero zilch and the dual account guys that don't post etc on their main account obviously affects their secondary account.
You've said this multiple times now. Care to share who the dual account guys are?
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

The most important thing for us is to get the transition right, and we won't be ready by next season.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Yeah, I much rather the transition goes smoothly than rushing it, and turning the file into an absolute mess.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Myles wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:53 pm The most important thing for us is to get the transition right, and we won't be ready by next season.
hardenwithnod wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:12 pm Yeah, I much rather the transition goes smoothly than rushing it, and turning the file into an absolute mess.
Understandable, just looking at the evidence and it's clear.

There are several reasons interest in waning, a new engine transition would likely change that but I'm not a CSL decision maker.

Waiting another season and there may not be enough GM's for a transition which you may as well do an entire reboot.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

I think there will be plenty of new additions once we move to a modern engine

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Transition definitely is the way to go.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

BizGilwalker wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:33 pm I think there will be plenty of new additions once we move to a modern engine
Agreed.
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

WillyJakkz wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:06 pm
Myles wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:53 pm The most important thing for us is to get the transition right, and we won't be ready by next season.
hardenwithnod wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:12 pm Yeah, I much rather the transition goes smoothly than rushing it, and turning the file into an absolute mess.
Understandable, just looking at the evidence and it's clear.

There are several reasons interest in waning, a new engine transition would likely change that but I'm not a CSL decision maker.

Waiting another season and there may not be enough GM's for a transition which you may as well do an entire reboot.
Whenever this is mentioned I feel compelled to scream dibs on Lakers just to get it out there lol
Cleveland Cavaliers

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Dennis wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:45 pm Transition definitely is the way to go.
Transition isn't the issue... waiting ANOTHER SEASON to transition is my point.

4 open teams in a 1 mth span, one GM was gonna leave but came back (andrewu who recanted due to all the GM's leaving), another GM losing interest (jestor stated as much in his TB) as well as the infamous marcos leave and return AND mgtr who I presume still commishes another League returmed after awhile to check on his team according to his article.

I honestly have been disinterested in this particular League for awhile but have gotten so used to coming here I really think that's the only reason why I still participate... plus I'm a basketball junkie.

I enjoyed GAH more cause it was new and the great 80's 90's players it had leading up to the current players, the hiatus caused it to lose its steam. The players and ratings disparity seemed much more accurate vs here.

I see this going down the same path only difference is the "hiatus" seems to be while the actual season is playing out and that's def not a good thing.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:

Dylan
Senior Vice President

Post by Dylan »

WillyJakkz wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:29 pm
Dennis wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:45 pm Transition definitely is the way to go.
Transition isn't the issue... waiting ANOTHER SEASON to transition is my point.

4 open teams in a 1 mth span, one GM was gonna leave but came back (andrewu who recanted due to all the GM's leaving), another GM losing interest (jestor stated as much in his TB) as well as the infamous marcos leave and return AND mgtr who I presume still commishes another League returmed after awhile to check on his team according to his article.

I honestly have been disinterested in this particular League for awhile but have gotten so used to coming here I really think that's the only reason why I still participate... plus I'm a basketball junkie.

I enjoyed GAH more cause it was new and the great 80's 90's players it had leading up to the current players, the hiatus caused it to lose its steam. The players and ratings disparity seemed much more accurate vs here.

I see this going down the same path only difference is the "hiatus" seems to be while the actual season is playing out and that's def not a good thing.
Transitioning now when unprepared would be even worse, dude. That could actually destroy the league in a different way.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Totally right. Rushing into a transition like that could crash the whole structure and force a complete restart, which as result would lead to much more GM's leaving IMO.
Last edited by Flaming Homer on Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Exactly. We've been doing some baseline testing in order to understand the ratings for draft purposes, and I can tell you that rushing into it is just asking for major issues. A significant amount of thought and time will be needed for the conversion team to implement the new ratings correctly.

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

https://twitter.com/wolverinestudio/sta ... 61088?s=20

For those of you who don't have the game, I highly suggest buying it today when it's on a huge sale. All games just $13.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

Does anyone have a key I can use for dds 19

Sharkn20
Senior Vice President

Post by Sharkn20 »

Is still the timeline for the transition season and a half? How do I take my team when we transition? Can I reserve it already?

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

Yes we are still looking at the beginning of the 2024 season. My honest recommendation is to take over a team now and become their GM, just like LSUTigerJosh has done. The other thing you can do is wait until the transition to become the GM of a team, and you can choose from the teams available at that time. You'll definitely be first on the priority list so you'll have your choice of the open teams.

Sharkn20
Senior Vice President

Post by Sharkn20 »

Myles wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 8:14 pm Yes we are still looking at the beginning of the 2024 season. My honest recommendation is to take over a team now and become their GM, just like LSUTigerJosh has done. The other thing you can do is wait until the transition to become the GM of a team, and you can choose from the teams available at that time. You'll definitely be first on the priority list so you'll have your choice of the open teams.
I would take a team now, but I don't have that version of the game :(

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

Sharkn20 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:06 am
Myles wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 8:14 pm Yes we are still looking at the beginning of the 2024 season. My honest recommendation is to take over a team now and become their GM, just like LSUTigerJosh has done. The other thing you can do is wait until the transition to become the GM of a team, and you can choose from the teams available at that time. You'll definitely be first on the priority list so you'll have your choice of the open teams.
I would take a team now, but I don't have that version of the game :(

Some gms don’t either ..we can help if u need