League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

2030 Draft Lottery Central

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Re: 2030 Draft Lottery Central

Post by GreenBear »

True, but the East has a lot of young teams on the rise as well: WSH, ATL, DET, and CHI. All have good young teams and a lot of earlyish firsts the next couple years. Orlando should be absolutely loaded after this draft. And Charlotte is adding the #2 pick to pair with Edwards.

SAC getting the #3 pick is bad news for everyone in the West... The Lakers need to get a quality GM during the off-season or we can probably pencil SAC in as the Western conference champ for at least the next half dozen years.

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

GreenBear wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:13 am True, but the East has a lot of young teams on the rise as well: WSH, ATL, DET, and CHI. All have good young teams and a lot of earlyish firsts the next couple years. Orlando should be absolutely loaded after this draft. And Charlotte is adding the #2 pick to pair with Edwards.

When it comes to becoming elite over the next 5 years, I wouldnt put any of those 5 teams over the least likely of the west SAS/DAL.

The collection of decent young talent just doesnt compare to AA or Zion. Willy can compete with AA and Zion, but he likes trading with some of the sharks (SAC/POR/PHI)

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

drumr wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:46 pm Orlando owns lottos lol
then trades them lol

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Silogical wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:51 am
GreenBear wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:13 am True, but the East has a lot of young teams on the rise as well: WSH, ATL, DET, and CHI. All have good young teams and a lot of earlyish firsts the next couple years. Orlando should be absolutely loaded after this draft. And Charlotte is adding the #2 pick to pair with Edwards.

When it comes to becoming elite over the next 5 years, I wouldnt put any of those 5 teams over the least likely of the west SAS/DAL.

The collection of decent young talent just doesnt compare to AA or Zion. Willy can compete with AA and Zion, but he likes trading with some of the sharks (SAC/POR/PHI)
Maybe that's why I never trade with him. My shit makes sense but it's too realistic.
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

Silogical wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:51 am

Haha, I've only ever made one trade with Willy and it was pretty minor.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

Decent surprise jumping up 3 spots I'll admit but overall surprise as I didn't expect the Pels to be in the bottom 5-6 records. Was hoping for a late lottery pick and that was even before getting Frank but the mix just didn't seem to work so we got lucky there.

Is pretty shattering that Lakers pick fell. I've seen 1 to 4 drops but 1 to 5 is pretty rough. Looks an even top end or no set order so they could still easily get the best player in the draft there.

And thanks Jon. Couldn't attend because of work but was nice to watch after it so appreciate that.. even though you were trying to wish us into dropping down the board :lol:
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Ha, I completely glanced over the end of Silo's comment until seeing Ryan's response. I've made 1 blockbuster with Willy that I can recall and it was during a draft where he was on the clock at #9 and traded me that pick (which I took Shaq Harrison with) and a future 1st for Donovan Mitchell and a future 1st. Shaq was a great player for me, but I think Willy did just fine in that one with Mitchell, even before considering the first I traded him ended up being very high (I want to say top 5... I made the mistake of trading a Utah pick when Kevin was running the team and I think he went AWOL or something like that).

Other than that, it's been relatively minor trades like I know one year Willy traded a mid-1st during the draft to me for a future 1st. I haven't even made a trade with anyone going on 4 seasons now lol.

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Wow this was completely unexpected!

Didn't realize the lottery occurred came to check on the PO's. Will have to really examine things!

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

GreenBear wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:28 pm Ha, I completely glanced over the end of Silo's comment until seeing Ryan's response.
Willy traded #7 to BT for a mid and late 1st.
Willy traded a 1st to BT for an over paid myles turner that a lot of teams would need a 1st just to take the contract
Willy traded #11 to phoenix for a late 1st

These are the types of trades that build up over time if you keep making them.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Silogical wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:04 pm
Willy traded a 1st to BT for an over paid myles turner that a lot of teams would need a 1st just to take the contract

I'm only going to comment on trades I was involved in, but I already mentioned that trade. He didn't scout much that year and wanted to punt. He put it on the block and no one else blew him away with an offer. Let's not make it out to be some steal of the century. Yes my pick ended up being late, but you never know where a future pick will fall, or how strong/weak that class will be. I'm sure when Brett traded this year's Denver pick he didn't think it would end up with Willy at #14. Future picks are a gamble. Sometimes they turn out better than you hoped, sometimes worse. But if you do enough of them, some will undoubtedly pay off.

Regardless, let's not cherry pick one trade and ignore the other one we should be able to agree that Willy won. Overall, I'd say Willy has done just fine when trading with me.

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

GreenBear wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:30 pm
Silogical wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:04 pm

Regardless, let's not cherry pick one trade and ignore the other one we should be able to agree that Willy won. Overall, I'd say Willy has done just fine when trading with me.
it was the okc 1st not utah

shaq
24 orl 1st (guaranteed top pick)

mitchel
24 okc 1st (if this was the 23 okc 1st instead of 24 OKC won 60 games)

it was a very bad trade for orl but by some miracle ended up as a wash.

yeah i could trade my 2031 1st for ORL 2031 1st 1st and by some miracle my 1st ends up top 3. I cant really go around saying how good of a trade i made for orlando.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

You're trying way too hard. Shaq was pick #9, not a guaranteed top pick. A lot of people passed on him. Regardless, Mitchell is a better player (and was the #4 pick the prior year).

As for the firsts, trying to compare trading your own firsts vs someone else's is not even close to the same thing. Yeah, you can trade your own first away, but you have direct influence over where it lands. Trading away the OKC first was obviously not one I could influence, which is why it's a bigger gamble. Yes, I thought the OKC pick would end up worse than Orlando. You know who else thought that too? Willy. Mitchell was seen as a better prospect than pick 9 (he had no idea who I was going to take), and the future pick swap was to make up for that. The trade started out as a wash (if OKC's pick had indeed landed late), but became a win for Willy when Andrew dismantled OKC and left them. It happens.

But yes, I'm a shark (pot, meet kettle).

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

GreenBear wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:37 pm You're trying way too hard. Shaq was pick #9, not a guaranteed top pick. A lot of people passed on him. Regardless, Mitchell is a better player (and was the #4 pick the prior year).

As for the firsts, trying to compare trading your own firsts vs someone else's is not even close to the same thing. Yeah, you can trade your own first away, but you have direct influence over where it lands. Trading away the OKC first was obviously not one I could influence, which is why it's a bigger gamble. Yes, I thought the OKC pick would end up worse than Orlando. You know who else thought that too? Willy. Mitchell was seen as a better prospect than pick 9 (he had no idea who I was going to take), and the future pick swap was to make up for that. The trade started out as a wash (if OKC's pick had indeed landed late), but became a win for Willy when Andrew dismantled OKC and left them. It happens.

But yes, I'm a shark (pot, meet kettle).
agree to disagree I think the trade ended up as a wash. Mitchell is and was an inefficient chucker.

A top 6 pick and shaq is way better than mitchell and a non lottery pick. The miracle of the pick falling made the trade a wash.

If I trade OKC 2031 1st for ORL 2031 1st and the OKC pick ends up top 3 I cant really go around saying how good of a trade i made for orlando.

You can also call me a shark, thats fine. Maybe I am, but 50% of my trades are with HOU and GSW and those teams are doing pretty good.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Okay, if you honestly think that about Mitchell and Shaq, then yeah, we're going to have to agree to disagree. But I don't think I'm in the minority there.

But dude, when did I go around saying how great of a trade I made for Orlando? At the time I thought it was a wash, and I've been consistent with that. Looking back years in the future, yeah I think it's a big win for Willy, but I certainly didn't make the trade to do him any favors, nor have I claimed as such. I only brought the trade up because you threw unsolicited shade at me for apparently sharking Willy, and it's one of literally 2 trades I can remember making with him.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Now I'm caught in a stupid, endless debate that was just unnecessary.

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

GreenBear wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:12 pm Now I'm caught in a stupid, endless debate that was just unnecessary.
I think it has come to an end.

All I said was you are a good trader and willy likes you.

If Willy trades one of his picks who would be a favorite to land it? Id bet on BT #1 and You #2

also no such thing as unnecessary debates. The world needs more debates.

TheTwoWallaces
CEO

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

Sounds like we need to bring back my 'Making the case' debate series from a few seasons ago
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Krejci | Melton | Campazzo
Porter | Notice | King
Johnson | Kispert
McDaniels | Martin | Petrusev
Wiseman | Stewart

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Silogical wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:17 pm
GreenBear wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:12 pm Now I'm caught in a stupid, endless debate that was just unnecessary.

If Willy trades one of his picks who would be a favorite to land it? Id bet on BT #1 and You #2

Fair enough. I don't know that calling someone a shark is the same thing as calling them a good trader, but tomato tomato.

You may think differently, but I actually don't consider myself a talented trader. That's why I'm constantly trying to get Brett to come back and be my assistant GM haha. Despite my efforts, I am typically only able to make one or two trades a year, and they're normally at or around the draft because I love the art of drafting. I consider my strengths to be drafting and fixing players. I've had my hands full trying to figure out Haliburton but think I'm finally onto something there. We'll find out next season.

I think we all have GMs we gravitate to regarding trade talks though. With some GMs, my trade talks always last about 5 seconds. With others, we're able to go back and forth and sometimes find common ground.

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Silogical wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:17 pm

I'm just trying to GM my team man and yeah I really like those guys.

Also maybe they always have someone or something I feel is of value and vice versa and it benefits me and them as well vs a trade proposal you'd make to me for example if you still had Tariq Owens you'd offer him for #1 then gaslight how good he is how he'd change my team around. Like last draft you offered him for a couple of my lotto 1sts.

So yeah I'd say that is logical for me to pass on your offer and trade for KAT etc with KW which turns out to be Hayes Duarte #10 for Bam 3 1sts.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

WillyJakkz wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:00 pm

I'm just trying to GM my team man and yeah I really like those guys.

Also maybe they always have someone or something I feel is of value and vice versa and it benefits me and them as well vs a trade proposal you'd make to me for example if you still had Tariq Owens you'd offer him for #1 then gaslight how good he is how he'd change my team around. Like last draft you offered him for a couple of my lotto 1sts.

So yeah I'd say that is logical for me to pass on your offer and trade for KAT etc with KW which turns out to be Hayes Duarte #10 for Bam 3 1sts.
It was Owens for just #11, that's how everyone should trade, you have to do your due diligence. I need to move Owens so I start at #11 move to #12 and keep moving up I got up to #30 didnt happen so I traded Owens away for 3m cap space.