League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

File Transition

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Re: File Transition

Post by KW »

Dennis wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:02 pm
bt wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:23 am Default 22?

Man just checked and Durant is 76 RA, 56 ITP, 56 Mid, 37 ATB and 38 Corner. An elite scorer so at the high end of course but just looking at my scouts now, I don't recall anyone ever being remotely like that. Geez a mid 40's mid was considered elite in my estimation, an ITP of early 50's also?

Imagine that in DDS19? Dude would score 100 a game at an impressive clip so there has been a major change in the way the game uses those ratings.
Yep exactly. And thats what I mean in all my posts. And that ratings of durant result in arouns 50-53% shooting. So our ratings result in what we saw in preseason. Andre somewhere said in his testing a fox and co always shot 43-48% though.

I just cant find a way to get similar results even when changing floor ranges and prefs heavily
here's what's keeping the default Durant down: he has a big ole zero in RARate. Also his ball actions aren't great, he doesn't drive a crazy amount (that would for sure get maxed in the CSL) and takes a lot of pull up jumpers

I'll do some analysis on the default file's ratings and report what I see here, but RARate makes absolutely no sense at a glance. Wonder if those numbers were just assigned to boost or nerf players. They go anywhere from 0 to 100

also I hate that RA Rate is completely hidden in the game and has to be changed in the database of all things

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

I upped Durant to 40 RARate and 13 drive (from 0 RARate and 7 drive) and simmed less than half a season

Durant is now shooting 57% from the field despite barely shooting 30% from 3...

Shooting ratings definitely need to come up, but not to this level

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

Then maybe the answer is to limit drives or certain floor ranges on guards like we did on corner to bring back "realism" but at the same time bring shooting percentages back to a realistic level
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

KW wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:51 am
bt wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:10 am
mgtr81 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:02 am I think some have already pointed this out, but after a quick look the "problem" (if there is one) is that the dunk rate / frequency has been changed in the engine. We always had low inside shooting ratings in the CSL, and players were made "artificially efficient" (if you allow me to use that expression) by placing them in the post and telling them to drive, so they ended up dunking and converting a naturally inefficient player into an efficient one. That resulted in something weird as small and light players dominating in the post. Now that the dunking rate / frequency seems to have changed in the engine, we may be seeing what these players actually are in terms of shooting efficiency.

Edit: To support that theory, outside shooters are not affected. True post players (high ITP), as Tariq Owens, are not affected. This latter case confirms the change in how dunk works now. He converts 52.9 % from 3-10 ft (ITP), and only 37.9 % from 0-3 ft (the RA/dunk rate/frequency).
I'm not sure Owens is a good example though if this scouting report was semi-accurate.

https://www.championsimleague.com/viewt ... 10#p132610

From that sounds like he was great ITP and poor at the rim although whoever created him will know more.
53% from 3-10 feet sounds roughly accurate for Owens. That far below 50% at the rim absolutely does not.
Then my reasoning was correct and something changed in the RA/dunk rate/frequency in the new engine.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

Decided to do my own test. I ran 1 sim ill run more later maybe.

Here is efg% from last season top 10
Team efg%
Miami 50
Boston 48.4
Memphis 48.3
Sacramento 48.2
New York 48
Brooklyn 47.9
Los Angeles (C) 47.5
Charlotte 47.4
Utah 47.1

Here is efg% from preseason top 10
BRK 0.499
CHA 0.497
HOU 0.494
PHI 0.483
BOS 0.48
MEM 0.476
MIA 0.472
IND 0.471
OKC 0.463
DEN 0.461

Here is efg% from my 1 sim top 10
BRK 0.517
NYK 0.502
DAL 0.5
HOU 0.5
MIA 0.494
SAC 0.489
CHA 0.489
OKC 0.489
MEM 0.487
MIL 0.484

The difference between my sim and the preseason sim is i didnt put in the block buff yet, and the game set every teams roster. My ratings are quite accurate. So either the block buff was huge or the preseason sim is too small a sample size. If the admins say FG% was higher in their testing and you can pref work your players for better fg% ill believe that since FG% was very high in my test, and i did nothing to try to get it up there.

Some players TS%
Miles Bridges .554
Zion .473
Ayton .618

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

How are your ratings quite accurate? I’m wondering why I can’t anything running what I roughly know as ratings. Which mirrors in every test exactly what we saw in preseason
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

Dennis wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:38 pm How are your ratings quite accurate? I’m wondering why I can’t anything running what I roughly know as ratings. Which mirrors in every test exactly what we saw in preseason
we have most of the ratings. We only need to get shooting/pref ratings. That isnt hard with a few scouts and FGI/FGJ

What TS% are you getting for Fox and bridges?

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Silogical wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:42 pm
Dennis wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:38 pm How are your ratings quite accurate? I’m wondering why I can’t anything running what I roughly know as ratings. Which mirrors in every test exactly what we saw in preseason
we have most of the ratings. We only need to get shooting/pref ratings. That isnt hard with a few scouts and FGI/FGJ

I think it’s nearly impossible to get the shooting ratings right. You can get close but even when I enter what I still know from DDs3 or scouts I can’t get to the FGI rating that is accurate. There are too much variables that impacts it.
So in the end only draftteam, simmers using the file or admins can be somewhat close I guess.

Fox in my file didnt shoot close to 55+ TS%
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

Dennis wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:10 am
Silogical wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:42 pm

I think it’s nearly impossible to get the shooting ratings right. You can get close but even when I enter what I still know from DDs3 or scouts I can’t get to the FGI rating that is accurate. There are too much variables that impacts it.
So in the end only draftteam, simmers using the file or admins can be somewhat close I guess.

Fox in my file didnt shoot close to 55+ TS%
Shooting ratings are easier to get closer than Rim Area Rate and Dunk Rate. The hardest shooting ratings to get are COR and ATB.

FGIP you have scouts, FGI, and a good sample size of stats.

IMO the goal should be balance. If one GM creates an elite 3 point shooting team they should win roughly the same amount as a GM that builds an elite post team. With an elite balanced team being slightly better than both. This will be my focus i dont really care if all players FG% is slightly lower. As long as its reasonable.