League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

CBA Questions

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Re: CBA Questions

Post by Ocons »

emplep7 wrote:
Myles wrote:
andrei wrote:It was discussed somewhere recently but can't find in forum or CBA:

How are we dealing with players waived now during FA? Can we offer already?
They don't show up in game until after the FA period
If you want a player that is missing from FA due to being cut, please send a note to the admin team who you want and a thread will be opened on that player to allow open bidding. The player will be signed to the contract at the end of FA.
Just so nobody thinks I'm bitching to bitch. Not singling Jon out but here's where indications were that auctions were to happen during FA.
Clown.Show.League

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Ocons wrote: Just so nobody thinks I'm bitching to bitch. Not singling Jon out but here's where indications were that auctions were to happen during FA.
Yeah, that's honestly how I thought it worked in previous years, but after looking back we did them after FA so that's my fault.

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

I understand that no team will be allowed to go over the Hard Cap ... is that correct? I just want confirmation because that is key for my team moving forward. We will have money to spend next Free Agency and want to make sure which players are feasible targets ... in other words, which teams won't be able to afford matching.

Thanks in advance.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

mgtr81 wrote:I understand that no team will be allowed to go over the Hard Cap ... is that correct? I just want confirmation because that is key for my team moving forward. We will have money to spend next Free Agency and want to make sure which players are feasible targets ... in other words, which teams won't be able to afford matching.

Thanks in advance.
They're allowed to go over HC in FA because of cap holds. They can't go over HC in guaranteed salaries

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

Jestor wrote:
mgtr81 wrote:I understand that no team will be allowed to go over the Hard Cap ... is that correct? I just want confirmation because that is key for my team moving forward. We will have money to spend next Free Agency and want to make sure which players are feasible targets ... in other words, which teams won't be able to afford matching.

Thanks in advance.
They're allowed to go over HC in FA because of cap holds. They can't go over HC in guaranteed salaries
Yes, that's what I meant.

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

Check the CBA guys, check the CBA.

I hate to do this but I already have that reputation so I might as well.

RE: Lou Williams, Iman Shumpert
For waived players, a 24-hour signing moratorium starting at when the player or coach was cut (The Simmer’s post serves as the clock referential) will take place in order to give all teams the opportunity to bid for the mentioned player. 
If a member of the admin team would PM me I will tell you why one of these is particularly concerning.

Thanks.
Last edited by Ocons on Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clown.Show.League

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

Ocons wrote:Check the CBA guys, check the CBA.

I hate to do this I already have that reputation sdoi might as well.

RE: Lou Williams, Iman Shumpert
For waived players, a 24-hour signing moratorium starting at when the player or coach was cut (The Simmer’s post serves as the clock referential) will take place in order to give all teams the opportunity to bid for the mentioned player. 
If a member of the admin team would PM me I will tell you why one of these is particularly concerning.

Thanks.
Yea I mentioned same thing
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Was a good catch, Kevin. We'll let you know soon how we plan to fix it.

Cleasby
Senior Vice President

Post by Cleasby »

Yep was wondering that too.
2020-2021 CSL coach of the year

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

I was reading the CBA regarding coaches and couldn't find what I'm looking for. I see there is a salary cap of $10M (then we have to discount training staff), but couldn't find anything about buyouts. In game, if I click on the option to fire my HC, it says that will cost $11,279,069. Does that work against the cap? If so, then I cannot fire him because the buyout alone will be over the cap. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

mgtr81 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:36 pm I was reading the CBA regarding coaches and couldn't find what I'm looking for. I see there is a salary cap of $10M (then we have to discount training staff), but couldn't find anything about buyouts. In game, if I click on the option to fire my HC, it says that will cost $11,279,069. Does that work against the cap? If so, then I cannot fire him because the buyout alone will be over the cap. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance.
Sorry Manu, totally forgot that.
The game is not calculating this amount against the cap. you could fire your HC and would have this 5Mil available to hire a new coach.

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

Flaming Homer wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:38 pm
mgtr81 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:36 pm I was reading the CBA regarding coaches and couldn't find what I'm looking for. I see there is a salary cap of $10M (then we have to discount training staff), but couldn't find anything about buyouts. In game, if I click on the option to fire my HC, it says that will cost $11,279,069. Does that work against the cap? If so, then I cannot fire him because the buyout alone will be over the cap. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance.
Sorry Manu, totally forgot that.
The game is not calculating this amount against the cap. you could fire your HC and would have this 5Mil available to hire a new coach.
Great. Thanks.

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

I've run a forum search and checked the CBA but couldn't find anything but are we able to retain rights of second rounders and send them overseas using the DDS 'retain rights' option?
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027